Software Engineer – Instrument Data -Remote
Albany, NY, USA | Leica Biosystems
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Are you passionate about stretching your software skills to multiple fields such as data capture, data processing, instrument control and data visualization? We are looking for a Software Engineer specialized in scientific data systems. This is an exciting time to join with the opportunity to drastically improve existing applications and drive the innovation of new products!
You will build new customer-facing applications and data analysis tools for oceanographic research programs. You will interact with the product team, with operation and with data scientists specialized in oceanographic data.
What a day will look like:
- Build and improve the entire software ecosystem including data platform, data portals, instrument firmware and customer-facing applications.
- Define software architecture to enable new features as well as to support existing ones.
- Develop new data processing tools, including data acquisition, transformation, storage and visualization.
- Participate in Scrum activities through the life of a project, working closely with other teams in engineering, production, and science.
- Bachelor of Science degree with 5 years of work experience. Past work should be in software development, system integration or scientific instrument. Candidates with a background in electrical engineering will also be considered.
- Experience with compiled languages as well as a TypeScript framework, ideally React Native.
- Experience with data schema and data-driven applications.
- Experience in system design, system integration, and connected systems.
Most of the work is team-based although some smaller projects are done individually at time. We value the ability to identify design patterns and anti-patterns as well as reusing existing code written by others.
We would hope a candidate would have some experience in or wants to learn any of the following:
- Agile team, Scrum preferred
- Data formats such as XML / XSD, JSON, protobuf or binary formats.
- Experience with automated unit testing, source control, ticket tracking system, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Understanding of data manipulation for scientific datasets with Matlab or preferably Python.
- Some exposure to embedded systems or scientific instrumentation.
The salary range for this role is 90K - 125K. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
Already a member? Sign In