Software Engineer, VP, Consumer Engineering
New York, NY, USA | Goldman Sachs
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions.
You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
Collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features.
Update and maintain documentation for team process, best practices, and software runbooks.
Learn to read logs and existing code to debug issues effectively, and dig through open source docs when needed to better understand the frameworks used in our applications.
Some familiarity with object oriented programming concepts, OSI models and basic security concepts like TLS, OAuth, encryption/signatures, etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• 5+ years of experience writing Java APIs
• Strong proficiency in: Distributed systems, Low-latency services, NoSQL and relational databases
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
• Experience building transactional systems and strong understanding of software architecture
• Experience integrating with Restful web services
• Comfort with agile operating models
• Experience with micro service architecture
• Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Spring
• Experience with AWS
• Experience in Financial Services or Fintech is a plus
Already a member? Sign In