Boston, MA, USA | Leica Biosystems
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will be developing software applications for our next-generation molecular diagnostics systems. This person will be a key contributor in the software engineering team that leads development efforts for software for commercial products as well as in-house research.
This position is part of the Biochip R&D Team and will be located in Sunnyvale. We value an approachable and credible communication style and we’re proud of our efforts to keep all levels of the organization informed, engaged and motivated. Intellectual honesty and agility, with the ability to pivot based on shifting priorities and balance multiple projects seamlessly in a fast-paced environment, are key.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Prototype, design, implement and maintain software applications.
- Develop software driver modules and components for the larger application suite.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, technical support, and other engineers to resolve software issues.
- Document software; write technical specifications for interfaces and testing
The essential requirements of the job include:
- BS or MS in Engineering with a specialization in Computer Science or related field with a Minimum 5+ years with BS, or 3+ years with MS; of progressively responsible work experience in engineering.
- Experienced Java programmer with experience in Application design, UI design and development using java frameworks, debug, and testing in a PC environment.
- Familiarity with Web frameworks like Struts and Spring.
- Solid understanding of concurrency, threading, and data structures.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Medical device or regulated industry experience.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience working with web, cloud, and/or mobile application.
Already a member? Sign In