Cwmbran, United Kingdom | Cooper Lighting
Industry:Computer Hardware / Consumer Electronics
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:49 people have viewed this job
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our iLight LED lighting controls development team in Cwmbran (South Wales). Flexible working options are offered for this role.
We are Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people’s lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for driving and delivering innovation in software solutions for Connected LED Lighting Systems. You’ll be part of a small dynamic team of hardware, firmware and mechanical engineers which means you will have a varied and involved role fully involved with the products and systems.
We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you’ll do
- Provide clear intuitive front-end solutions for our commissioning tools and lighting control software.
- Architect, design, implement, debug and solve problems in software applications.
- Deliver robust and scalable cross-platform software applications.
- Active participation in code reviews, code quality analysis, security risk Analysis, build management and documentation.
- Work with multiple disciplines of the system including hardware, firmware, optics, cloud and mobile devices.
- Active participation in the software development process.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Proficient programming skills in C# or Java is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in some of the following: UI Controls, Multithreaded Applications, Computer Networks such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4, CAN and Serial protocols.
- Previous experience in software development tools IDEs like Visual Studio or Eclipse; Build tools like Make, GCC, Jenkins or Maven Ant; and Source Control tools like Git or SVN.
What you’ll get in return…
- For this role, the yearly salary range is £ 40,000 to £ 55,000.
- We role model Inclusive behaviour & foster Diversity
- We drive a culture of continuous learning
- We build manager/leader capabilities
- We build culture of praise and recognition
- We involve employees in idea creation and decision making
- We actively endorse and support Corporate Social Responsibilities
- We drive sustainable change
- Competitive benefits including option buy/sell plus holidays, private medical insurance options
- We live and breathe our values – Customer First, Game Changer, Greater Together and Passion for Results
- We measure and implement actions to support employee engagement
- Competitive salary package including benefits such as holiday allowance, pension scheme, flexible working hours and family-friendly employment policies
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
Please apply and submit your resume and motivation letter through the system. In case of any further questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Ana Crehuet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Already a member? Sign In