London, United Kingdom | PA Consulting
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:86 people have viewed this job
At PA Consulting we define success as achieving extraordinary results that have a lasting impact on businesses, communities and individuals worldwide, and no-one is closer to the forefront of this than our Solution Architects.
Working alongside our clients as trusted advisors, our Solution Architects are focussed on solving our clients’ most difficult and business critical challenges with a combination of technical knowledge and eye for business. Utilising your knowledge of a broad spectrum of technologies and domains you will work alongside CxO level clients to design the digital revolution, and implement a range of technical strategies to drive our clients ever forward.
Solution Architecture at PA is different: You will get to work with CxO level clients and make a real difference to a broad range of leading FTSE 500 companies and public sector organisations. It is practical and hands-on; you will deliver, assure and advise, working shoulder to shoulder with our clients and their partners as the face of innovation and change they expect when they engage PA.
You will have:
• A consistent track record in providing technical leadership in areas including application, business, and integration architectures.
• A deep knowledge of the technologies you have worked with and an appreciation or exposure to emerging technologies and architectural trends.
o Microservices vs Packaged Solutions
o Cloud vs On-premise
o Digital transformation enablement
o Cloud architectures, e.g. AWS, Google, Azure, etc.
o Broad span of vendors; IBM, Oracle, Salesforce, SAP, etc.
o The architects’ role in agile delivery
o Internet of Things
• Experience of demonstrating the benefits and draw-backs of solution options such as cloud vs on premise solutions, product selection, security or management options
• The ability to deliver strategic thinking to stakeholders through roadmaps, mentoring and technical thought leadership
• An appreciation of the commercial, people and organisational aspects of your work
• Typical roles previously held might include
o Lead or Principal Architect on £MM programmes
o (Senior) Solution Architect on key workstreams of £MM programme
o Principal or Domain Architect for given area of expertise
o Technical Design Authority
o Enterprise (IT) Architect