Solutions Engineering Director
New Tampa, FL, USA | Syniverse
Industry:Telecommunications & Wireless
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:106 people have viewed this job
The Sr Solutions Engineering Director is responsible for leadership and execution of pre-sales technical activities that lead to successful closure of sales involving complex products/applications/solutions.The incumbent participates with executive management in the development of objectives and strategic plans for product development, marketing, and sales.He/she works with regional Sales Directors to develop strategies for first line product value selling to all levels of customers, across all product and market segments.The Sr Solutions Engineering Director manages a team of developing and seasoned Solutions Engineers and maintains the processes and operational procedures required to support proactive sales engineering and product promotions to customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
50% • Provide subject-matter expertise to internal and external customers as it pertains to the Syniverse product portfolio, the telecommunications industry, and its associated business practices.
• Act as the principal liaison with other parts of the organization regarding technical solutions associated with an opportunity.
• Develop and present market, customer and competitive intelligence packages.
• Identify new revenue/sales opportunities and provide leadership in the development of new product ideas, extensions, or revenue-bearing customer solutions.
• Initiate discussions and collaborate with senior management on new product offerings, customer enhancements or product extensions.
30% • Lead sales-driven product focus teams to define win strategies, drive customer/market requirements back to product management, and influence product investment plans and roadmaps.
• Develop and present sales proposals and system solutions; assist in closing complex technical sales.
• Responsible for helping to achieve and exceed sales targets across the region.
• Oversee technical product and industry training for global sales teams.
• Provide continued leadership regarding sales “Attack Plan” development and execution.
• Develop and deliver technical sales presentations to customers.
10% • Develop executive-level relationships with key customer decision makers/influencers.
• Represent Syniverse with public speaking at industry events.
• Expand Syniverse market position via participation in industry committees, task forces and working groups/ forums.
• Generate industry-focused white papers on various telecommunications technologies and standards.
10% • Manage all activities of the department including planning, budgeting, staffing and motivating employees.
• Manage and coordinate the sales and technical team, providing leadership, development, and support.
100 % Total Time
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or related field (or equivalent job-related experience); MBA preferred
• Typically 15+ years of general business experience including:
o Developing and managing product portfolios; and/or
o Proven success in organizational / technical leadership positions; and/or
o Telecommunications industry or related technology background
• Strong technical and/or sales engineering background with strong telecom industry experience
• Proven ability to hire, develop and manage technical staff; strong employee relations skills
• Ability to apply business logic, technical expertise, and knowledge of Syniverse products, services, and sales strategies to analyze business and technical issues and arrive at successful outcomes
• Strong negotiation, influence management, and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to quickly develop effective working relationships with executive-level internal and external contacts
• Thorough working knowledge of Finance and Accounting principles and applications
• Travel will vary, but may be up to 75% and includes international travel
Already a member? Sign In