Specialist SA Manager
Arlington, VA, USA | Amazon
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:67 people have viewed this job
Do you have a passion for helping Public Sector implement innovative IT solutions? Do you have a knack for helping public sector customers build a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and ramp a cloud project on a trajectory to success?
Above all, do you want to lead a dynamic team of Specialist Solutions Architects bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility problems facing public sector customers and the surrounding ecosystem of ISVs, systems integrators, and resellers? Do you want to be a key part of a growing, world-class business development and sales team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the leading cloud technology platform in the public sector market worldwide?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated, technically deep Solutions Architect Manager to manage a team of Specialist Solutions Architects (SAs) supporting a sales and business development team that covers public sector in Latin America, Canada and Caribbean (LCC). You will be a hands-on leader, who leads by example. Your experience in building and managing high-performance teams will help accelerate our growing business. This is an excellent opportunity to join AWS’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers, while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and disruptive technology companies in the world today.
As a Specialist Solutions Architect Manager within AWS Public Sector, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to a new business unit to help customers succeed with Windows workloads on AWS, Storage Workloads, End User Computing, Database & Analytics and other emerging technologies. Your responsibilities will include supporting all public sector teams via hiring, developing, and managing a team of technical Specialist SAs, to promote AWS as the best place to run these workloads. To achieve those goals—and building on your broad background and technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, and application architecture – you will have expertise in AWS technologies, and a deep understanding of how applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS platform. In addition, you will lead and mentor a team of highly talented Specialist SAs, helping them to set and surpass their own goals and to develop their talents and careers. This is a hands-on, detail-oriented, “roll-up your sleeves” environment and requires a passion for innovation, ability to deal with ambiguity as well as an ability to scale and influence broadly.
· Lead Specialist Solutions Architecture teams in driving revenue and market share for AWS through technical engagements
· Build and develop a robust team of Specialist Solutions Architects
· Work with internal and external partners and OEMs to extend reach & drive adoption of AWS solutions
· Experience in Pre-sales
· Ensure customer satisfaction
· Up to 50% travel required.
· 10 or more years’ of progressive technical experience as a solutions architect, software or system engineer, or technical consultant with at least 3 years managing a technical team of solution architects, sales engineers or similar technical roles
· 5 or more years’ experience working with large enterprise accounts
· 2 or more years’ working with public sector accounts
· Bachelor's degree in program such as math, engineering, computer science
· Demonstrated knowledge of cloud computing in either AWS, Azure or Google cloud
· Fluent in English and Spanish (reading, writing and speaking).
· Master's Degree
· Direct experience working with public sector accounts
· Prior experience working at a systems integrator partner
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
· Demonstrated organizational and presentation skills
· Fluent in French and/or Portuguese (reading, writing and speaking).
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Already a member? Sign In