Specialty Director and Faculty, Nursing Leadership Program
New Brunswick, NJ, USA | American Nurses Association
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Job Description:76 people have viewed this job
Rutgers School of Nursing invites applications for a qualified candidate to serve as Specialty Director for our Leadership Programs. Rutgers offers three pathways to a degree in nursing leadership that include BS to MSN, MS to DNP, and BS to DNP. This is a hybrid faculty and administrative leadership position. As Specialty Director, this individual will teach leadership courses within the program while assuming administrative responsibilities such as recruitment, retention, advisement, placements, and program evaluation. The position is housed within the graduate program, but the candidate may teach across programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administrative duties may include program recruitment, application review, student advisement and mentorship, maintenance of program and certification requirements, maintenance of specialty organization requirements, student clinical placement, and periodic curricular review and updates.
• Responsibilities include teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels and may include didactic as well as leadership practica courses.
• DNP project support and supervision.
• Scholarly activities including publications in peer-reviewed journals, scholarly presentations, and service to the profession
• Active in statewide, regional, national or global executive leadership.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Doctoral degree (e.g., DNPor PhD) required
Current experience in nursing leadership at the administrative, executive or academic level
Expertise and commitment to excellence in nursing education
Already a member? Sign In