Sports and Recreation Director
Port Edwards, WI, USA | YMCA
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Job Description:50 people have viewed this job
Under the supervision of the Program Operations Director, the Sports Director will supervise all areas related to youth and adult sports and the gymnastics program. This includes planning, developing, administrating, expanding and evaluating all sports programming.
· Four year degree in recreation, physical education or a related specific field or equivalent experience. Excellent communication and public relations skills. Must possess current CPR certification or ability to attain within 30 days. Ability to work with, lead, train volunteers and parent committees.
· SMART Service Training must be complete within 30 days of hire.
· Be an exemplary role model of YMCA Core Character values of respect, responsibility, honesty, and caring.
· Direct and supervise all sports programs/leagues/camps/gymnastics teams-progressive lessons complying with all national standards and safety procedures including but not limited to:
o Flag football league, youth basketball leagues and programs, soccer, baseball leagues and clinics, volleyball, sports camps, adult basketball and sports tournaments.
· Share leadership responsibilities with special events: Bridge 2 Bridge 5K/5M, Halloween at the Y, and monthly facility family nights.
· Develop relationships with area school officials to create/maintain partnership programming.
· Secure athletic fields, facilities and set up for practices and games. Develop practice/game schedules, rules/guidelines, train officials, arrange awards/team photos and assist with the marketing and registration process.
· Evaluate and monitor enrollment and “life-cycle” of each program, eliminating underperforming programs when necessary. Keep abreast of trends in sports programming which can lead to new program initiatives.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
· Serve as Cause Driven Leader on Duty and/or Director on Duty according to branch schedule.
· Create a positive and motivational environment for all staff.
· Provide leadership and coaching to department team.
· Respond to all member and community inquires and complaints in a timely manner utilizing written and verbal communication, including email, phone, and face to face.
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule to ensure regular exposure to members and staff at all time throughout the week, including early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends.
Already a member? Sign In