Sr. Director of Global Sales and Operations Planning
Stamford, CT, USA | SCM Talent Group
Industry:Logistics, Freight, Packaging, & Warehousing
Job Description:95 people have viewed this job
Work closely with the VP Strategy/S&OP to further enhance S&OP to further enhance S&OP globally. Set strategy and vision for S&OP transformation, developing a comprehensive global strategic plan which will drive optimal customer service and profitability. Protect the financial performance of the business by identifying potential supply chain issues balancing demand across multiple regions in accordance with overall global S&OP.
· Continue to improve S&OP metrics to measure business performance, highlight issues, and drive actions. Identify key gaps and opportunities for improvement, align systems, org structure and processes across regions.
· Work closely with Taiwan Operations and key suppliers on monthly production plan, considering factory capacity, and regional requirements to reduce led times and improve delivery performance. Monitor supplier delivery performance. Enhance and lead the S&OP process globally focused on managing inventory and available to ship (ATP).
· Develop and share global best practices, system integration, systems optimization, demand planning to drive operational excellence and best practices across regions.
· Must work with multiple regions in balancing demand and supply in accordance with overall global S&OP. Challenge Regions on their supply strategy.
· Plan the implementation of the product plan, identifying and delineating all activities and resources required. Drive close integration among Sales, Operations, and Finance. Work closely with Regions to reduce closeout to <20% of annual sales. Coordinate and manage Global S&OP meeting with Senior Leadership and Regional GM’s.
· Follow internal controls and company policies as set by the company and job function. Elevate issues to the Senior Team and help streamline into one synchronized process.
· Decide on raw material commitments and components pre-ordering to reduce risk and manage inventory.
· Experience working with Asian vendors and suppliers. Prior experience working with the independent retail channel. SAP background a plus. Prior experience in consumer products distribution environment beneficial. Prior experience in a supervisory role. SAP APO/SCM experience. Experience in importing/exporting. System implementation experience a plus.
·Demonstrated change management experience. Able to manage multiple tasks at the same time. Must have demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage processes through to completion.
· Solid working knowledge of ERP and statistical Forecasting applications. Mastery knowledge of MS Word and Excel required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Degree in business, or related field. Master’s degree in business, or a related field. Certification in Inventory Management, Supply Chain Planning preferred.
· Must be able to travel internationally 2 – 3 times/year. Must be able to travel throughout the US and Internationally as needed.
· Must be able to have a plan and road map for system related tools use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time. Strong Analytical and statistical skills.
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Already a member? Sign In