Sr Electrical Engineer
San Diego, CA, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
Provides electrical engineering support to R&D projects for new product development and existing product expansions. Performs skilled electrical/electronic design duties with the use of applicable hardware tools/equipment under moderate engineering guidance.
The project needs a full time EE to develop, test and release the electrical designs:
- Works with cross functional team including electrical, mechanical, firmware and software engineering to develop product designs from concept to implementation
- Decomposes system requirements into straightforward subsystem and/or electrical specifications and rudimentary designs.
- Comprehensive understanding of electrical engineering discipline
- Design and schematic capture of digital and analog circuits
- Apply theoretical and hands-on electrical support to identify problems and accomplish tasks
- Develop and execute test documentation for electrical designs
- Understand and follow BD processes, design practices, and documentation templates
- Perform and/or direct engineering documentation in BD ERP: create/change material, BOM, plans, and reports; process change orders; and design reviews
- Collaborate with other engineers and departments to advance projects/tasks
- Time management of several assignments having varying scope and complexity
- Demonstrates and uses in-depth skills and knowledge in area of expertise
- Interface with external design partners and suppliers
- Bachelor degree and minimum of 4 years’ experience in Electrical Engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- Schematic, PCB, and PCBA design
- Analog, digital and firmware design and troubleshooting related to electromechanical devices
- Experience with microcontroller-based systems preferably ARM
- Knowledge in the use of the laboratory tools: oscilloscope, DMM, variable DC power supply, etc.
- Knowledge in the use of the computer tools: schematic capture, board layout, simulation, etc.
- Demonstrates interactive verbal and written communication skills and leadership
- Wireless connectivity and communication with emphasis on Bluetooth, WIfi and RFID
- C/C++, firmware development on microcontrollers
- Low power battery operated designs
- Basic wired connectivity and communication with emphasis on LAN, RS485, I2C, and SPI.
- Basic product Safety and Compliance design and mitigation
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Already a member? Sign In