Sr. Embedded Software Application Engineer
Fremont, CA, USA | Lam Research
Industry:Computer Hardware / Consumer Electronics
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:108 people have viewed this job
Success Starts Here
As a leading global supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry, Lam Research develops innovative solutions that help our customers build smaller, faster, and more power-efficient devices.
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. Our success results from our employees' diverse technical and business expertise, which fuels close collaboration and ongoing innovation. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Join the Lam Research team, where you can play a vital role in the future of electronics and write your own success story.
- Implement new customer requirements and features in our existing application
- Designs, develops, toubleshoots and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products
- Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms
- Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design
- Maintain existing code base and investigating problem areas.
- Demonstrating solutions by providing documentation, flowcharts, and clear code.
- Working in cross functional teams throughout our organization
- Ability to travel within USA, Europe, and Asia (total is less than 10%)
- B.S or Master’s in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electronics or related field with 7+ years of industry experience
- Background in electronics and electrical engineering preferred
- Knowledge of embedded software development and design.
- Knowledgeable with communication protocols such: I2C, SPI, UART etc.
- Smalltalk experience desired.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Software implementation and design e.g.: Design Patterns and Finite State Machines
- Strong software engineering skills: modular design, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Source Control and Development life cycles.
- Analytical approach to root cause analysis
- Knowledge of multithreading is a must (preemptive thread scheduling)
- Understanding of Networking/TCPIP
- Experience with real-time operating systems desired
- Experience in distributed embedded controls system desired
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We Look Forward to Your Application
Already a member? Sign In