Sr Facilities Director
Appleton, WI, USA | Crothall
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Operations / Production
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
Working as the Sr. Director of Facilities at ThedaCare, you are responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling functions and activities of plant operations and building renovations for multiple sites. This includes be the Facilities liaison for all projects relative to Facilities and Plant Operations for all ThedaCare locations.
• Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures
• Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations using computerized programs for preventive and corrective maintenance, construction projects, financial management, and energy controls
• Prepares and manages departmental budgets, including the utilities energy savings program
• Manages and ensures regulatory compliance with the Joint Commission, State Health Department, EPA, DEP, ADA, UST, and other regulatory agencies
• Seeks and reviews available site data, including facility condition assessments, vendor and user input to understand and determine facility project needs.
• Creates and actively maintains a five year plan of critical and elective facility management projects and reviews this plan monthly or as requested by site leaders.
• Prepares and participates in Quarterly Business Reviews and other presentations as required.
• Provides guidance, training and motivation to staff
• Successfully provides effective client rapport
• Monitors work performance and prepare performance evaluations for personnel
• Works with Resident Director, Unit Directors, Administration, and contractors as Project Manager for facilities-related projects including, but not limited to:
• developing project scopes and budgets
• develop consultant scope of work documents
• prepare and issue RFP’s/Bid Packages to consultants and contractors
• ensure that all vendors are prequalified for safety, financial history and technical qualifications
• supervise construction sites for adherence to contract scope & safe construction practices
• coordinate construction activities between PM, plant personnel and contractors
• track construction progress in accordance with project schedule
• hold and lead construction and design progress review meetings
• manage and track all financial aspects of projects including budgets, commitments and actuals
• facilitate internal construction permits: PIRA, ICRA, ILSM, above ceiling & hot work.
• maintain construction documents in organized files and ensure all construction documents are properly archived
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related experience preferred
• Minimum of 5 years hospital engineering maintenance experience at Director or Assistant Director level required
• Experience in hospital project and construction management preferred
• Must have working knowledge of the Joint Commission, NFPA and other healthcare regulatory agencies
Already a member? Sign In