Sr Infrastructure Engineer\Architect - Cloud, Automation and Virtualization
Lincolnshire, IL, USA | Alight Solutions
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:49 people have viewed this job
As a leading provider of human capital solutions, we help our clients and their people navigate the complexity of health, wealth and HR. We combine data-driven, consumer-centered technology with personalized care and service to deliver a superior customer experience. Our dedicated colleagues across 28 global centers help 23 million people and their 11 million family members simplify work and life, both now and in the future. At Alight, we are reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Alight's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
- Serving as the infrastructure engineering/architect SME for a wide range of initiatives on On-Prem and AWS platforms.
- Understands and can provide guidance on server, storage and virtualization technologies
- Familiar with Converged and HyperConverged infrastructure solutions. Preferably Dell/EMC VxBlock, VxRail and VxRack.
- Be able to build out from the ground up and maintain an AWS region/solution.
- Architecting solutions for scale, resiliency and maintainability.
- Designing and influencing the building of our On-Prem and AWS services
- Designing and influencing software-defined networks and secure data access on the On Prem and AWS platforms
- Integrating AWS asset and service provisioning with code release and continuous deployment processes.
- Experience with a Cloud Management Platform (CMP – Preferably vRealize and Terraform)
- Assist and guide others in establishing automated software deployment and configuration management.
- Assist and guide others in creating code assets and tools to accelerate deployment and increase maintainability.
- Coaching our internal IT partners and application support teams on being self-sufficient in leveraging our AWS platforms.
- Minimum of 8 years technical experience with hands on working knowledge of on Premise and AWS platforms.
- Designing and influencing the connectivity between disperse environments, including route tables, Peering, VPN, Transit VNET/VPC/gateway, security groups, and access lists
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test.You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law.In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Already a member? Sign In