Sr Lead Compliance Officer
San Ramon, CA, USA | BNP Paribas
Functions:Legal / Compliance
Job Description:105 people have viewed this job
· Provides leadership and direction in identifying the applicability and impact of sub function laws and regulations on Enterprise lines of business.
· Manages the review and interpretation of new or changed laws or regulations in conjunction with other Designated Compliance Officers.
· Provides sub function compliance advisory subject matter expertise to Enterprise business leaders on policies, procedures, work processes, and systems to facilitate regulatory compliance.
· Validates 1st LOD controls and processes are working appropriately through 2nd LOD monitoring.
· Counsels, advises, challenges, and approves risk assessments completed by the 1st LOD Enterprise lines of business.
· Provides sub function compliance advisory support to the Enterprise Lines of Business on implementing processes due to changing laws, regulations, or policies
· Analyzes applicable sub function Enterprise Business Unit policies and procedures, for alignment with compliance Policies and Regulations.
· May participate in the Bank’s Compliance Committee providing reports and information to management as necessary.
Other Job Functions
· Assists organizational leaders on matters involving litigation where regulatory compliance is concerned for Enterprise line of business.
· Advises, consults and approves proposed new products, services, and initiatives with regard to compliance obligations and corresponding compliance risks, and mitigating controls.
· Oversees Enterprise Business Units Third Party Program monitoring, provides input on applicable sub function compliance regulations and reviews and approves high and medium risk vendor risk assessments conducted by the first line of defense.
· Reviews and approves if Third Party Provider and business unit key controls meet the regulatory requirements.
· Interacts with internal and external examiners and regulators as it relates to compliance matters for sub function.
· Reviews and approves compliance content for the implementation of training programs.
· Provides data for the Compliance Reporting function on an ongoing basis.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· BS Degree; RCM Certification preferred
· 10 Years of Experience
· Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Must have deep knowledge of laws and regulations covered in Compliance sub function.
· Strong communication, collaboration, and expert compliance skills.
· Should be able to work effectively with others at all levels across the organization and provide authoritative guidance to management and staff within the organization.
· Experience working within a large, complex financial service organization.
· Strong analytical skills with detail orientation and process orientation.
· Experience reading and interpreting regulations, laws, and statutes.
· Strong research skills preferred.
· Problem solving skills as well as flexibility and adaptability are of key importance.
· Critical thinking and the ability to "connect the dots" of multiple data points across multiple business units to develop a comprehensive assessment of compliance risk.
· Strong, effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
Already a member? Sign In