Sr. Principal Chief Engineer
Rolling Meadows, IL, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:77 people have viewed this job
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it’s about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering & Sciences organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Sr. Principal Chief Engineer in Rolling Meadows, IL within the Targeting business area.
The selected candidate will be responsible for leadership of engineering development and engineering support for a variety of programs ranging from one to 30+ engineers. The position includes responsibility for all technical aspects of assigned engineering programs throughout proposal, initiation, execution and closure phases. The position requires strong leadership and communication skills in addition to multi-discipline engineering understanding.
This position includes technical authority for all aspects of engineering on program elements (systems/hardware/ software/support/integration and test) and leadership of a multi-disciplined engineering team; managing the technical performance of the product/program and satisfying the allocated cost and schedule requirements.
Responsibilities may include engineering leadership for system architecture development, requirements development, hardware/software design,
verification and validation activities, and production program engineering support. A person in this position ensures that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment of products for our customers and that the program and product is compliant with company policy, procedures, and quality standards. A person in this position will also maintain cognizance over technical activities within the program by leading Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and ensuring integration of the best engineering practices across the company.
- BS or higher in an engineering STEM field
- U.S. citizenship required and the ability to obtain a secret clearance and higher clearances
- 9+ years of experience in engineering development environment
- 5+ years of experience leading/managing engineering development
- Background and understanding in various tools and techniques associated with cost/schedule management, and have experience leading efforts through the entire engineering lifecycle.
- MS or higher in an engineering STEM field and/or BS followed by MBA, MPD (Masters, Product Development), or MEM (Masters, Engineering Management)
- Current secret, top secret or higher clearance
- Prior Engineering Product Development leadership experience
- Experience with Northrop Grumman standard development processes, design/drawing release processes, CM/DM, and general engineering design capture processes.
- EVMS, MS-Project, Risk Management, NG EPM Curriculum, or equivalents.
- Track record of successful project proposals, startups and completions.
- Experience with the development and/or test of electronic warfare, EO/IR, laser, or related defense systems
- Candidates should understand the various processes tailored to engineering disciplines.
- Ideal candidates will have >10 years of experience in development engineering