Sr Principal Cyber Information Assurance Analyst
Fairfax, VA, USA | Leading Manufacturing / Operations Company
Functions:Consulting - IT
Job Description:49 people have viewed this job
Leading Manufacturing / Operations Company Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a Sr. Principal Cyber Info Assurance Analyst 4 be located in Fairfax, Virginia. The ideal candidate will apply system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance the security posture. Identify threats and develop appropriate protection measures, review system changes for security implications and recommend improvements, research and draft Cybersecurity white papers, and provide top tier support to the Cybersecurity operations staff for resolving complex Cybersecurity issues.
The Cybersecurity Systems Engineer will develop and maintain a system-level Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M). Successful candidate will be able to evaluate different network and enclave configurations with respect to the DODI 8510.01 and NIST 800-53 Security Controls and formulate effective Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes & accreditation packages. Write RMF-based policies and procedures, and develop sound Cybersecurity processes to include implementation. Successful candidate will be accountable for quality work products. Must be able to prioritize and execute tasks and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, prepare coherent and concise documentation required for security assessment and authorization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Conduct assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
· Execute vulnerability assessments; ensure mitigation of risks and support obtaining certification and accreditation of systems.
· Support the formal security assessment process required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
· Document the results of RMF activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M.
· Conduct technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
· Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
· Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related STEM degree and 9 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· Active TS/SCI/Poly clearance
· Active DoD 8570 IA Workforce Improvement Program IAT Level III Technical Level Certification/s (CISSP).
· Experience in development and/or sustainment Systems/Programs or relevant technical leadership experience
· Experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF)
· Previous or current System Administration (SA) or test experience with UNIX, AIX, Linux and or Windows systems is highly desired
· Working knowledge of Linux Red Hat and Microsoft operating systems.
· Working knowledge and understanding of boundary protection devices, including firewalls and IPS devices.
· Understanding of project schedule & planning basic
· Experience or certifications using Amazon Web Services.