Sr Principal Cyber System Engineer
San Antonio, TX, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:1 people have viewed this job
Cyber systems engineering and scientific personnel who possess in-depth knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques for cyber systems. At the senior contributor level we are looking for hands-on systems engineers that can serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in at least three or more of the below prioritized skill areas:
- DevSecOps Engineering: Develop programs and scripts in various languages including C, Perl, Python, PowerShell, etc.
Automate scheduled jobs to reduce labor intensive tasks. Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodology, understanding of development release cycle and operations, Source Control and Versioning tools (e.g. Git, GitLab, Bitbucket), Continuous Integration Frameworks (Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven), Application Containerization (Docker, CoreOS, Rocket), Automation Deployment Tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes). Integrate security deeply into the DevOps process, with a particular emphasis in security automation and isolation/containerization. Consult with product development teams to increase system reliability/resiliency and decrease the time to field system updates. Bring an operationally focused mindset and create innovative strategies to push frequent system changes in a low risk tolerant environment.
- Virtual Engineering: Significant experience operating in virtualization environments such as VMware vCenter/ESXi using advanced virtual networking and/or software defined networking with a demonstrated ability to deploy high volume configurations in a VDI environment
- Network Engineering: Demonstrated understanding and experience of all layers of OSI model with a particular emphasis on layers 1-4. Configuration and design of large scale networks with routing protocols, ability to packet capture and conduct detailed fault and usage analysis, ACL implementation, firewall networking, security patching, OS updates. Understanding of physical layer design tradeoffs and compatibility considerations. Vendor specific certifications demonstrating acquired knowledge.
- Linux Engineering: Working familiarity with different Linux varieties, e.g. RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, understanding of best practice security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, system administration, and configuration. Experience with LDAP and distributed system management tools
- Windows System Engineering: Working familiarity with different Windows versions, both server and desktop varieties. Understanding of best practice security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, system administration, and configuration. Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, and patch management
- Design & Engineering: Experience in a traditional engineering discipline, preferably with a degree from an accredited 4 year STEM program. Ability to look at problems and requests holistically, factor them against requirements, and create integrated solutions that meet and exceed desired results. Ability to identify opportunities for innovation and solve or guide solutions to the identified problems. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Change Management: Facilitate large and cross-functional team meetings across the organization. Excellent coordination and organization skills. Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users. Ability to understand how existing and new systems can be integrated to improve business unit performance.
- Test & Evaluation: Demonstrate experience performing and evaluating tests across multiple scopes and magnitudes including unit test, integration test, function test, operational test, performance test. Understanding of comprehensive test methodologies applied rigorously in an agile environment is highly desired.
Bachelor's in STEM + 9 years of exp; Master's in STEM + 7 years of exp; PhD in STEM + 4 years of exp
Experience leading DevOps/DevSecOps implementation in large programs, especially migrating legacy applications, reengineering and automating systems to improve end-to-end software life cycle management by means of automation.
In-depth technical expertise in DevSecOps techniques, continuous integration; continuous testing; and continuous deployment; trade studies and analysis of alternatives; development of end to end solution deployment across environments.
Experience in three or more of the following technical knowledge areas: DevSecOps Engineering, Virtual Engineering, Network Engineering, Linux Engineering, Windows System Engineering, Design & Engineering, Change Management,Test & Evaluation
Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance
Experience implementing DevSecOps for large program using Agile, preferably SAFe, development methodology
Experience implementing DevSecOps for a Cloud-based system on a modernization program ensuring existing applications and systems are modernized to satisfy legacy functional requirements
Experience implementing CI/CD with products such as Jenkins, Atlassian, GitHub, Nexus Repository
Active certification in CISSP, CCNA, CASP, GCIH, or equivalent
Active Top Secret security clearance
Alrdeady a member? Sign In