Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer
Fairfax, VA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 4. The location is Fairfax, VA.
The Cyber Intelligence Mission Solutions team is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 4 to join our team in Fairlakes, VA as we kick off a new 10 year program to protect our nation's security. You will be using your engineering skills to work with current technologies supporting a very dynamic mission.A challenging role that will comprise of scripting and data analytics working in an engaging environment that promotes teamwork and a sense of accomplishment!
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Provide expert technical analysis of networking communications data
· Work closely with the customer on outreach support when necessary
· Able to work well with different teams to achieve a common goal
· Brief customers and their teams on special tasks
· A dependable individual able to tackle tasks with minimum assistance
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related STEM degree field and a minimum of 9 years related experience.
· Must have an active TS/SCI/Poly clearance
· Understanding of network communications protocols
· Experience in one or both of the following
a. Developing analytical algorithms for structured and unstructured data
b. Developing models and simulations to predict system performance
· Proficient with scripting languages; Unix Shell Scripts, Python, awk, etc.
· Experience working in Linux environment
· Experience with Hadoop
· Experience with MySQL
· Experience with cloud computing