Sr. Principal Electronics Engineer
Palmdale, CA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:87 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman Aeronautic Systems has an opening for a Deployable Communication Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The Deployable Communications Engineer is responsible for the design, development, integration, and test of communications systems. The successful individual is expected to be a highly-motivated, self-starter who is willing to work in a fast paced, team setting. Regular activities may include analyzing, modeling, troubleshooting, designing and simulating communications systems, subsystems, and algorithms for communication networks, data links, digital radio, battle management, and command and control systems such as wide and local area networks, point-to-point systems, secure systems, signal coding and modulation schema, digital radio/communications technology and network architecture design.
Deployable assignments range from several weeks to several months depending on required support. Several engineers rotate on these assignments to give flexibility to schedules.
- Support communication system analysis, design, engineering capture, build, and integration
- Perform development, integration, and operational tests on complex communication systems
- Document system requirements and interfaces, with traceability to platform requirements
- Perform technical evaluation and analysis of supplier proposals, design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, system integration and test execution
- Develop Statement of Work and Performance Specifications for Suppliers
- Perform liaison duties to disseminate information to Suppliers, Leadership, and other Integrated Product Teams and external customers
- Support Cost Account Managers (CAMs), Project Leads, Responsible Engineers (REs), and leadership for proposal development, cost planning, and performance tracking efforts
- Actively participate in Program Risk and Opportunity Management
- Direct the activities of subordinate engineers to complete project assignments
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with a minimum of 9 years of engineering experience or 7 years with a Master’s Degree
- Experience with SATCOM or line of sight communication systems
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access
-Must be willing to travel 50% of the time or more
- Master’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Prior working experience with various types of RF communications systems, especially SATCOM and line of sight systems
- TS clearance and Active SSBI with investigation date in last 6 years
- Strong leadership, management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with a variety of networking protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to learn new material quickly
Already a member? Sign In