Sr. Principal Engineer Electrical
Plymouth, MN, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
This position requires experience in applying Electrical Engineering practices to all phases of programs, including:
• Technical leadership for Electrical Engineers on programs comprised of diverse and competing requirements. The person filling this role will work with an Integrated Product Team across engineering disciplines to ensure teams are progressing toward an optimal interdisciplinary solution.
• Lead team of Electrical Engineers through development ensuring processes and procedures are followed, technical trades are considered, design requirements identified and understood, milestone adherence and change management.
• Primary engineering interface to program management and business development to ensure alignment to program goals. Provides daily updates up to program management team and is primary communicator of program strategy to design engineering team.
• A key component of successful program management is ensuring that the project is adhering to cost and schedule goals. The person in this role will track and report Earned Value (EVMS) for the Electrical Engineering expenditures and task progress versus plan for the assigned programs.
• Understand and coordinate with other programs and functional management to ensure programs are optimally aligned and properly staffed to minimize program impacts due to resource availability.
• Present program technical status to internal management and customers.
• Lead technical white papers, engineering proposals, trade analyses and internal research and development efforts.
• Possess strong analytical skills to enable risk analyses and management throughout program.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a development team to understand system level interdependencies that impact requirements and design constraints.
• Requires a minimum BSEE or BSCE +10 years or an MSEE +7 years from an accredited college.
• Experience in technical leadership of a complex program requiring the coordination of engineering work effort.
• Design experience in the areas of power conditioning, PWB/CCA design and evaluation, electronics packaging, processors and FPGAs.
• Position may require occasional travel to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with suppliers.
• Able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
• Exposure and functional knowledge of design of alternators, analog, digital, magnetics, IR and optical sensors, RF design, antennas, proximity sensing and communications is preferred
• Experience in developing high reliability electronics to meet military environments such as extreme temperature conditions, high G shock loads, vibration, and extended storage times
• An understanding of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) disciplines; including design for assembly / design for manufacturing (DFA/DFM).
• Secret Clearance