Sr. Principal Engineer Software
San Diego, CA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:111 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an experienced Sr. Principal Engineer Software - Java to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will develop Java applications.
• Work with a team of developers and integrators focused on delivering software products as part of an IFC
• Participate in the development cycle including design, implementation and delivery of build/test/release
• Collaborate with team members on a regular basis.
• Work with object oriented programming, design patterns, JMS, Web Services, XML and related technologies (i.e., XPath, XSLT, XSD)
• Develop enterprise solutions for Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) in a SOA environment
• Work in a process-oriented software development environment across the software lifecycle
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative team settings across all levels.Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
Bachelor’s Degree in STEM with at least 9 years of software engineering experience, or a Master’s Degree in STEM with 7 years of software engineering experience, or a PhD’s Degree in STEM with 4 years of software engineering experience
Direct experience developing Java applications
An active Top Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain and maintain program access
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical EngineeringExperience in developing enterprise solutions for Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) in a SOA environment
Experience with object oriented programming, design patterns, JMS, Web Services, XML and related technologies (i.e., XPath, XSLT, XSD)
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
The ability to lead a development team and mentor junior developers
Already a member? Sign In