Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
Huntsville, AL, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a leading global provider, manufacturer and integrator of advanced, secure, and agile software-defined systems and solutions.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Engineering and Sciences (E&S) Central Region is seeking a DOORS Requirements Development Tools Administrator (Sr. Principal Systems Engineer) (IBM Rational DOORS and Rational
Rhapsody) for the System Engineering, Integration and Test (SEI&T) discipline located in Huntsville, AL.
This individual will have proven experience successfully working with and supporting large groups of end-users composed of systems and software engineers who develop requirements, test products, and architecture models. Knowledge and experience in systems engineering, system concept of operations, architecture and requirements development, and requirements management activities. Provide SEI&T product and component-level requirements development and management support to programs within the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
• Control and monitor user access permissions, privileges, and security.
• Maintain system’s technical baseline and ensure integrity of changes to the approved baseline
• Plan and design database schemas for requirements-related products considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
• Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
• Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
• Write database documentation including data standards and procedures
• Develop, manage, and test back-up and recovery plans for the DOORS database
• Manage security and disaster recovery aspects of the database
• Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
• Work closely with Quality Assurance and Configuration Management to manage product baselines.
• Communicate regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
• Work with cross-discipline product teams and routinely interface with end users, group leads, senior management, and government personnel
• Support teams of multi-discipline engineers for short-duration requirements events [Agile Development]
BQs for a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer: 9 years with Bachelor; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated skills in the following topics:
• Active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
• Understanding of DOORS module features, DOORS types, link modules, efficient DOORS linkage across many
modules, usage of regular expressions
• Understanding of DOORS baseline sets and how to create, access, and manage them
• Active Secret Clearance
• Rational Publishing Engine (RPE)
• DOORS Database Administration certifications
• DXL (DOORS scripting language) and able to develop scripts for specific user needs
• DOORS CPS
• Willingness to support requirements development teams by assisting in retrieving and storing requirements and architecture products (creating DOORS attributes, DOORS DXL scripts, DOORS Views)
• Ability to develop complex DOORS Views (using DXL) as requested by project personnel responsible for requirements development
+ Bachelors in Science Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline