Sr Principal Network Engineer
Fairfax, VA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation’s cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking an experienced Sr Principal Network Engineer to support an IT infrastructure network consolidation program in Fairfax, VA. The Sr Principal Network Engineer will be a member of the Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Eastern Region homeroom. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to design, develop, produce and sustain product lines across while providing a decisive advantage to our customer’s missions.
A Network Engineer designs, develops, configures, integrates, installs and tests network systems. The candidates will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following tasks:
· Design and plan network communication systems.
· Provide specification and detailed schematics for network architecture.
· Define and develop techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs to include current and future capacity.
· Conduct testing of network design.
· Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interface such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, bridges, gateways, etc.
· Evaluate and report on new communication technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
· Troubleshoot, upgrade and implement improvements to the entire enclave, to include but not limited to Cisco and Juniper
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and a minimum of 9 years’ experience required.An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
· Active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph required.
· Current Network Certifications of an Industry Standard, i.e., Cisco or Juniper Certified, CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, JNCP, etc.
· CompTIA Security+ Certification, or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II or III certification.
· Experience with Cisco switches or routers.
· Experience with BGP, OSPF, multicast high availability, firewalls.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
· Experience with implementing IT infrastructures.
· Experience with Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, ASA, Aggregation Service Routers (ASR) hardware and software.
· Strong working knowledge of IP address/Networking theory including common command line tools and commonly used ports to troubleshot and test network/connectivity issues.
· Experience as information assurance technician (IAT) level 1 or higher.
· Demonstrated experience developing and troubleshooting applications on multiple platforms in an enterprise domain.
· Familiarity with firewall types/theory and configuration of OS installed FWs.
· Experience working with government customers and other contractors.
· Ability to travel (less than 10%).