Sr System Analyst, System Operations Technical Support
New York, NY, USA | Con Edison Company
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Operations / Production
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Follow and enforce the Department's change management process related to changes to the networks and various electronic systems at the control centers in accordance with regulatory and departmental requirements. Ensure the timing of the changes does not jeopardize the availability and reliability of the systems.
- Promote best practices and use of cybersecurity tools and follow procedures and guidelines to ensure complete compliance with the regulatory requirements, including NERC CIP and FERC Standards of Conduct requirements.
- Take a lead in the daily operation, technical and administrative support of network, applications and computer systems at the control centers, including user support, troubleshooting, problem solving and being on a ''on call'' roster to provide needed support during off hours.
- Take a Lead in the design, development and implementation of network and computer systems
- Participate in the planning for the future of the networks & computer systems and keep abreast of the latest network and computer technology.
- Supervise the installation of network components (e.g., servers, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.) and various computer systems and applications.
- Perform various assignments as directed by the supervisors and managers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience; Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience;
Required Work Experience
- Relevant experience includes but is not limited to computer networking and information technology. Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact with personnel on all levels Required
- Working knowledge of project management, cybersecurity, computer systems, application support and SQL. Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to lift network equipment and servers (approximately 50lbs).
Already a member? Sign In