Staff Process Engineer (High Speed Automation)
Franklin Lakes, NJ, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:71 people have viewed this job
Reporting to the Group Leader Assembly - NPD, Specimen Management Operations, the Staff Engineer represents the Ops function as a Core Team Member (CTM) on NPD Projects and supports new product introductions with concept development, prototyping and commercialization of new equipment technology.
Ops Core Team Member
- Represents the Ops function on the Project Core Team
- Coordinates activities between Ops, Plants and the Core Team; main point of contact for process technology, molding, plants and operations
- Manages project activities to achieve project and business objectives - initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and closeout these projects
- Develops and executes the technical, business and manufacturing strategies to accomplish project goals
- Interfaces with the appropriate/relevant business leadership on project status and any major project deviations in the execution of project(s)
- Must have the ability to influence team members that are not direct reports
- Experience with managing capital and expense budgets
- Experience with creating and managing project schedules
- Collaborates with other functional teams and across operations to achieve project and business goals.
- Provides status reports to management on a timely basis
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
- Represents the organization with external personnel on matters often requiring coordination between organizations
Manufacturing Process Technology
- Develops high volume production processes (primarily assembly processes but may include others) through pilot production, process feasibility, optimization and validation.
- Develops specifications and acceptance protocols to purchase production equipment.
- Manages vendors in the design, development and implementation of manufacturing equipment.
- Applies Six Sigma statistical techniques to optimize processes for manufacturing equipment.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and/or performing experimental testing, data analysis, process development and validation, preparation of reports, and providing recommendations.
- Provides input into project technical strategy.
- Applies BD-standardized manufacturing technologies.
- Provides input into department strategy
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Preferred ).
- Automated High Speed Manufacturing of plastic components is strongly preferred.
- Prefer 8 years relevant experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience managing projects in the development of high-speed automated manufacturing equipment, with preferred background in the high-volume production of medical devices, in-vitro products or pharmaceutical products
- Experience in organizing and leading multi-functional teams through all phases of projects
- Experience in a process development environment. Understands process design, process capability and manufacturing cost analysis. Estimates capital and product/process costs to support product development programs
- Proficient in WORD, Excel, MS Project
- Working knowledge of MiniTab and CAD are a plus
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM) knowledge and experience applying DFM preferred
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Already a member? Sign In