Staff Software Engineer
Pleasanton, CA, USA | ServiceNow
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:Design / Graphic Design
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Come join the Cloud Infrastructure Automation team and work with a talented group of developers building out solutions that make our infrastructure highly available, scalable, and fully automated.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff Software Engineer, focused on cloud infrastructure automation, you will have the opportunity to work on ServiceNow Platform and Tools, build solutions using workflows, orchestration, and developer tools in Private and Public Multi-Cloud infrastructure.
- Design and develop cloud automation to support the deployment and management of ServiceNow Platform/Products in our own infrastructure as well as Public Clouds
- Work with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation, and delivery of the high-quality product to our users.
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
- Work as a member of our developer team that scales our automation to meet the needs of the future.
- Interact with other members of the infrastructure organization and the ServiceNow development teams
- Be a mentor for colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing
To be successful in this role you have:
- 6+ years of experience in professional software development, preferably in Cloud Infrastructure Environments
- Excellent technical design, problem-solving, debugging skills, and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solid foundation in distributed systems with proven experience designing and architecting Systems Development of web-based database applications using MySQL or other relational databases
- Experience integrating software and services using common API techniques (REST, SOAP, XML, etc.)
- Experience working in Public Cloud environments such as Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Experience / Interest to lead and manage a small software development team when needed
- Team player, attention to detail, and ability to work well and communicate with others
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
Already a member? Sign In