Staff Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA | Fluidigm
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:71 people have viewed this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
Fluidigm offers a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities.At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up
Help us continue to provide tools to fight COVID-19. Among many innovative instruments and assays we provide the ability to run 6,000 Covid-19 tests per machine, non-invasive and with total accuracy. Plus very fast test results. Needless to say, every City, State and County would love to get one of our systems to mass test the population on a regular basis. We have won a major Government Contract to produce our systems to aid in the fight against COVID-19.
Come use your skills and join us to help us continue to provide instruments and systems to be used by Labs and Researchers around the world to fight Virus, Cancer, Pathogens, the list goes on and on.
We seek a progressive and experienced Staff Software Engineer
Develop (direct responsibility) and review (participate) throughout the entire software development cycle. Deliverables include:
- System and software development plan.
- Software requirements specification, architecture and module design, implementation, and testing.
- Software algorithm design and implementation to control complex real-time pneumatic, thermal and optical systems.
- Off-The-Shelf (OTS) software selection and verification.
- Verification and validation plans and test cases (protocols).
- Risk analysis and risk acceptance criteria.
- Traceability matrices.
- Peer reviews
- Support Internal and external customers.
- Identify and recommend for improvements of software life cycle process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in Science or Engineering.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in object-oriented environment, preferred in medical or bioscience industry.
- 5+ years of coding experience with C#, .Net Framework (or .Net Core) technologies: WinForms, WPF, MVVM, XAML, and IronPythgon.
- Experience in test-driven development and unit testing.
- Experience with communication protocols, such as USB, TCP/IP and RS232.
- Experience in GUI design is needed
- Experience in software engineering documents, such as software requirements specification and architecture design.
- Experience in developing multi-threaded applications, and experience in mission-critical application development is a strong plus.
- Coding experience with ASP.net, Angular TypeScript and SQL Server is a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulation and standards, such as ISO-13485 and IEC-62603, is a strong plus
- Analytical skill to solving complex problem without ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organization skills, and ability to work independently and in team.
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person.
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback.
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year.
- Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, gym equipment and, seriously, a lot more.
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health?
Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Already a member? Sign In