Strategic Account Director
Buena Park, CA, USA | Orora
Industry:Logistics, Freight, Packaging, & Warehousing
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
At Orora, we believe our packaging touches lives and together, we, together as a team, deliver on the promise of what’s inside. From custom packaging design and packaging materials, to prototype development and manufacturing, packaging automation and equipment, kitting and fulfillment, global sourcing, and full service warehousing and logistics, our packaging consultants develop cutting-edge, innovative solutions that take a product from concept to consumer.It is with this passion and commitment to innovation, we believe in hiring and developing the very best talent by living our core values of Teamwork, Passion, Respect, and Integrity every day.These core values define who we are and how we operate. They shape the way we work with each other, with our customers, and with our communities. Every day, we deliver packaging solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations while solving complex problems as a team.We believe that all team members (irrespective of their role or level), should aspire to distinctive leadership behavior, as we continue to deliver on the promise for our customers, shareholders and each other. Leadership is not tied to a job title, i.e. you don’t need to be accountable for a team to be considered a leader.
This position is responsible for coordinating all facets of sales of company products, i.e., devising and implementing sales strategies, forecasting sales, printed materials for presentations, qualifying companies as prospects, filling out Requests for Quotation/Requests for Information. Represents the company with respect to promote, sales, and services of the complete product line and services to a variety of customers within a defined geographical area. Coordinates the activities of multiple company locations to ensure the customer is being serviced per contractual agreements.Report to the Vice President of Strategic Accounts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiates high-level, complex agreements for multi-location customers.
- Strong financial skills to determine accurate, customer specific profitability.
- Through coordination with the Vice Presidents of Strategic Accounts, assures that Strategic (multi-location) accounts are managed properly, and develops broad objectives with proper implementation.
- Plans and develops a sales plan (by account and by product) for major accounts.
- Develops the expense plan for the territory.
- Organizations and develops the most efficient coverage pattern, as well as call frequency, on major accounts within a defined geographic region.
- Allocates time for the best productivity.
- Coordinates activities at individual strategic customer locations.
- Determines customer needs, develops understanding of products, and provides proper personal relationships between customer and company to effectively sell company products.
- Makes strong contribution to the development and implementation of contract strategy, including inventory, commission splits, pricing adjustments, discrepancies, etc.
- Identifies new customers by studying sales statistics, estimating sales volume, qualifying potential multi-location customers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Must be willing to travel 60% to facilitate selling, implementing and ongoing management of strategic customers in the distribution setting.
- Manages quality and vendor certification programs.
- Maintains and reports on strategic accounts growth and profitability statistics to Vice President of Business Development, Group Vice Presidents, and President.
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred; or 3-4 years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public
This position requires the ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Mastery
- Integrated Leadership
- People Development
- Change Management
- Intellectual flexibility & technical acumen
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Orora and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or
What We Offer
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.Here's a sample of the benefits we offer:
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) with a Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Solicitation of Payments
Orora does not solicit payment from our applicants and candidates for consideration or placement.
Already a member? Sign In