Strategic Account Executive - Embedded Payroll
San Francisco, CA, USA | Gusto
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
Gusto is a modern, online people advisory platform that empowers accounting professionals to better serve their small business clients and their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers its customers benefits for all budgets, 401(k)s, expert HR, team management tools, and People Advisory firm growth opportunities for modern accountant advisors. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 12,000 accounting firms and 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually.
As a Strategic Account Executive for Gusto Embedded Payroll, your work will be foundational to Gusto’s transition from an application company to a platform provider. Your work will connect people, both Gusties with our partners and partner executives with each other, in ways that ensure partners can successfully understand, build, and own a payroll product. You will help drive innovation within Gusto and across a $10b+ industry that has seen very little change for years.
Your primary responsibility will be to engage with executive teams within leading technology companies to pitch Gusto’s embedded payroll offering. The ideal candidate will have experience in enterprise sales, a passion for consulting leadership teams in making complex product/business decisions. Gusto Embedded Payroll is the newest major offering from Gusto and we operate like a startup—candidates who prefer a rapid pace of change and a nascent, fast moving market landscape will feel at home.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage and nurture a category of accounts from prospect to close
- Evaluate and assess the strategic and economic impact of potential opportunities with prospective partners
- Lead all aspects of deal execution from: identifying and developing accounts, meeting with partners, business case development, to deal structuring, negotiating contracts, and closing
- Communicate and report to leadership the forecast of future deals, business impact, communicate strategy and resolve prospect questions and issues during the deal process
- Educate partners on the Gusto value proposition for their clients through presentations and demos
- Collaborate with internal teams to assist in explaining the vision of embedded payroll to prospects
- Travel 20-30% to meet with prospective partners
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise sales and/or partnerships in a high growth environment
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding targets
- Analytical ability to drive strong commercial outcomes for both Gusto and our partners
- Expertise developing business cases, financial analysis and modeling, and familiarity of partnerships legal agreements
- Strong internal and external communication abilities, and interpersonal skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements
- Experience with 4+ month long sales cycles, identifying decision makers and in-person selling
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $140,000—$180,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $150,000–$200,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
Already a member? Sign In