Strategic Advisory Leader - Retail
Lincolnshire, IL, USA | Alight Solutions
Job Description:49 people have viewed this job
As a leading provider of human capital solutions, we help our clients and their people navigate the complexity of health, wealth and HR. We combine data-driven, consumer-centered technology with personalized care and service to deliver a superior customer experience. Our dedicated colleagues across 28 global centers help 23 million people and their 11 million family members simplify work and life, both now and in the future. At Alight, we are reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
Alight is seeking a well-established, strategic advisory with industry vertical experience in the retail sector to guide and build out our retail advisory practice.This group will support Alight’s broader Global Services and Solutions team. As the retail industry leader on the Strategic Advisory team, you will provide retail advisory expertise to global clients looking for next level transformation of their human capital and business solutions. You will be accountable for the overall revenue and growth of the practice or your region. You will consult with clients on their human capital and business solutions landscape, review operating models and operational readiness, conduct pre-transformation gap analysis related to potential future scenarios, guide process redesign, recommend solutions on future service delivery, required roles/responsibilities and capability enablement planning. You will also assist in the formation of a compelling business case for the client. You will have access to support from across the organization to support you with your goals.
This position can be based at our headquarters in Lincolnshire, IL, or virtual / remote / work from home.
As a Strategic Advisory Leader - Retail, a typical day will include the following:
- You will consult with and lead client projects
- You will directly assist in selling to new clients, teaching and coaching our teams on terms, reviewing pitches, hosting industry round tables and more
- You will provide thought leadership, drive our presence in the retail industry to market leadership status
- You will provide a future roadmap on analytics, automation, service design and new products relevant to retail
- You will be a trusted advisor to the c-suite on changes on human capital and business solutions transformation
- Work the Global Solutions and Services business to generate new opportunities and leads
- Work with Account Managers and your network to proactively identify and pursue clients that may lead to human capital and business solutions transformation
- Lead proposal development and sales pursuits.
- Manage and deliver components of client engagements involving transitions
- Work with clients to understand current and future service delivery model changes
- Manage senior client and stakeholder relationships
- Lead current state human capital and business solutions operations assessments and interviews
- Develop the methodology for pre-deployment readiness gap assessment in retail
- Advise clients on service center structure, process design and capability considerations to address future service delivery concerns.
- Build and grow a retail advisory business focused on ERP transformation
- Support business case development related to implementation of future solutions
- Advise on case management and knowledge management tools
- Research / keep up to date on retail industry advancements in human capital and business solutions
- Establish good working relationships and collaborate with colleagues across Alight to provide high quality solutions for our clients
- Influence and partner with key leaders across the organization to drive accountability and transparency around targeted improvements in diverse representation, particularly at the corporate and leadership levels
Knowledge and Expertise
- You will be recognized in retail industry for organizations managing through major transformation programs and working with clients to develop next level transformation of human capital and business solutions that can play an integral role in the achievement of strategic objectives
- You will have deep industry expertise and ability to consult in the space
- Deep network of contacts to call on, leverage and use in deals
- Ability to navigate in the industry across HR, Finance, IT
- Ability to generate revenue for consulting assignments especially in areas of automation, HR shared services, org design, M&A and more
- Proven track record in selling complex technical solutions and outcomes
- Succeed in organizationally complex environments and to engage with senior stakeholders
- Effectively communicate human capital and business solutions effectiveness issues and trends.
- Strong knowledge in improving operating effectiveness through process improvements, shared services, outsourcing and employee self-service
- Assess and simplify complex end-to-end process/workflow issues
- Effectively stay abreast of and adapt to rapidly changing technology.
- Independently manage components of projects; and, handle multiple assignments.
- Maintaining a hands-on role to ensure deadlines are met and key deliverables are always accurate
- Identifying project issues and recommending viable solutions
- 15+ years of relevant experience, with at least 5 years at the lead level
- Proven expertise in having driven large scale transformations in the Retail Sector
- Strong business acumen and good judgment
- Strong drive for growth and a results-driven mindset
- Desire to build a culture of inclusion in the workplace
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional organization
- Strong communication, leadership and inter-personal skills
- Consulting business leadership a strong plus
- Proven expertise across large team and P&L management is a strong plus
- Master's Degree
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test.You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law.In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Already a member? Sign In