Strategic Global Account Manager - Data Center Vertical
N/A, MA, USA | Johnson Controls
Industry:Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
Job Description:99 people have viewed this job
The Global Strategic Account Manager, serves as Johnson Controls authorized interface for some of Johnson Controls largest global data center customers with centralized decision making. The successful candidate will be the responsible global leader on multiple Data Center Strategic Accounts and manage numerous client relationships through effective strategic account planning and execution. You will meet customer needs by providing client facing input to the product teams on existing products, future development pipeline, product integration capabilities, new product development and or acquisition target suggestions. This person will work closely with our digital solutions team to provide vertical market specific insight to leverage technology for better user experiences and identifying unmet customer needs. The Global Strategic Account Manager will report to the director of the Data Centers team and will be expected to work effectively with peers, create / update on a quarterly basis and share strategic account plans, hold quarterly business reviews and maintain an accurate and up-to-date pipeline in order to meet or exceed annual sales objectives. This role is designed to support the Global Enterprise Account teams’ strategic direction and to be the single point of contact for our global data center customers from a JCI Enterprise perspective representing all solutions and services in all domains. Key performance indicators include: driving profitable growth, customer satisfaction and expanding share and margin within assigned date center vertical accounts.
How you will do it:
• Engage, qualify, and create relationship maps/organizational alignment within each account.
• Maintain and grow on a year-over-year basis our existing market share of Security, Fire, HVAC, Building Controls, Digital Solutions and Services.
• Clearly understanding our clients’ goals and helping them achieve key business outcomes.
• Utilize business acumen in order to understand the customer's unique business requirements and provide input required to continually evolve the Johnson Controls vertical market value proposition.
• Serve as a single, high level point of escalation for customer satisfaction issues.
• Work closely with all business divisions and geographic regions to meet very short deadlines.
• Interpret technical information and adapt it for presentation to a variety of internal and external audiences.
• Building and maintaining internal relationships within both sales and operations as well as coordinating with numerous internal contacts and key customer partners/ influencers in all regions of the world is a requirement to ensure successful pre and post-sales support of our client’s needs.
• Ensure that assigned accounts have an active and informed Executive Sponsor that participates in high level relationship building and escalations when appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or relevant education/work experience.
• 5+ years of experience working within the data center vertical in sales/business development capacity.
• Must demonstrate strong data center intelligence, understanding of data center culture/challenges and unique mission critical requirements.
• Strategic Account Planning and end-user relationship management skills.
• Strong personal computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.
• Willing and able to travel a minimum of 50% of the time.
• Practical application and execution knowledge of data center design and construction from a technology perspective.
• A self-motivated team player with exceptional internal and external relationship development and communication skills both in-person and remotely.
• A proven track record of successfully leading diverse groups in a matrix style organization is essential.
• This person will possess both account management and business development acumen and have a proven track record of understanding clients’ businesses, their corporate goals and objectives and working in a consultative manner.
• Ability to influence globally, strong EQ (Emotional Intelligence Skills).
• Capacity to work effectively and influence others who are not direct reports.
• Must be able to work well in matrix type environments with a team based approach.
• Technical or sales experience in the Fire, Security or HVAC, Commissioning industry a bonus.
• International work experience / customer relationship management experience is a definite asset.
• Bilingualism or Multilingualism is a definite asset but not essential.
Already a member? Sign In