Strategic Pricing Analyst
San Francisco, CA, USA | Gusto
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually.
We’re looking for a Pricing Analyst to join the team. As a key contributor to our revenue organization, you will leverage data skills and serve as a close business partner to our strategic pricing initiatives and broader revenue efforts. This role will provide a unique opportunity to support and shape a critically important and highly visible segment of our business. Candidates should align with our company values, be highly self-motivated to drive results, and have an insatiable desire to learn, grow and solve the business problems they face.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work directly with key partners from the product, marketing, sales, and finance to execute pricing strategy for products and optimize internal pricing processes
- Conduct external primary research and test to ensure maximum impact of pricing and packaging initiatives
- Utilize product usage, customer retention, adoption, and financial data to model the expected impacts of pricing initiatives
- Engage with teams across Gusto to improve the core economics of the business through monetization strategy
- Lead or support ad hoc research projects incorporating project design, data collection and analysis, summarization of findings, and presentation of results
- Develop Dashboards and report on Pricing Metrics and KPIs
- Drive projects from concept to completion
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience working in pricing analytics or sales analytics
- Experience working on pricing strategy projects and pricing implementation; ideally with experience in SaaS/software
- Excellent end-to-end generalist problem-solving skills, including developing logical, actionable recommendations
- Deep experience with typical sales-stack technologies and analytical tools (e.g., SFDC, SQL, Tableau or similar).
- High level of Excel proficiency and analysis and/or financial modeling skills
- Strong business acumen, including building business cases and developing clear hypotheses
- Knowledge of pricing strategies in SaaS
- Ability to work cross-functionally, takes ownership of projects, holds themselves accountable to deadlines and results
- Strong communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups including executives
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $81,500 - $106,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $105,000 - $117,000/year in or San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
Already a member? Sign In