Strategies, Systematic Market Making Execution Services, Analyst/Associate/VP
London, United Kingdom | Goldman Sachs
Job Description:87 people have viewed this job
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Our team of engineers build solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and care about every microsecond. We provide real-time access to critical information and crunch billions of data points each day to provide insights and execute strategies on exchanges across the world. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The FICC Systematic Market Making Execution Services team provides execution services across the firm. We partner with the firms’ sales and trading desks as well as our client to provide training, advice to clients, manage risk and identify market opportunities. The team looks after order management, execution algorithms and exchange connectivity. Almost every trader in the firm uses our software which gives a unique and exciting opportunity to work across almost every asset class.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally.From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
•Develop low latency order execution algorithms and run them on cutting edge, latency tuned hardware
•Use statistical techniques to conceive, design, analyse, and measure strategies
• Acquire, clean, maintain and analyse data sets to identify trends & patterns
• Work as part of a global team
• Implement software using GS-proprietary technologies, C++ and Java
• Partner with experts to provide excellent tools for our clients and traders
Successful members of our team hold Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) discipline. We are interested in bright individuals who have advanced mathematical and computational backgrounds, a willingness to learn about finance and who possess skills in the following areas:
• Technology: experience building large-scale distributed systems, implementing fundamental algorithms and working with different programming languages - C / C++ / Java
• Finance: understanding of market dynamics and conventions, and of different products’ behaviours and specifications
• Mathematics: understanding of time series analysis, statistics, data mining and numerical techniques
• Excellent communication skills
• At least 5 years of experience with an object oriented programming language in a commercial role
• Top candidate from a leading academic institution
• Experience in the front office environment
Already a member? Sign In