Supervisor Intake/Home Care Coordinator
Urbandale, IA, USA | UnityPoint Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:61 people have viewed this job
The Intake Home Care Coordination Supervisor provides leadership to ensure effective, efficient office operations, optimizing performance and continually improving quality of care in a vastly changing health care environment. This includes overseeing the day to day operation of the regional Intake/Home Care Coordination Department including the establishment of work schedules, review of staffing needs, and the supervision and training of staff in good patient relations and office policies and procedures.
- Assists the Intake/Home Care Coordination Manager by creating a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice, consistent with the organization’s values to establish an effective and efficient team environment where there is openness, trust, and teamwork.
- Provides day to day oversight of operations within team, escalating concerns to management accordingly.
- Responsible for the interview and hiring process including completion of employment forms in an accurate and timely manner and coordination of orientation and training programs for new staff members.
- Providing appropriate orientation for new team members and ongoing training for current team members.
- Conduct performance evaluations, coaching, counseling and disciplinary action.
- Performs duties of an Intake/Home Care Coordinator as work load requires.
- Builds and monitors community and customer/referral source expectations and perceptions of
- UnityPoint at Home as a high quality provider of services; maintaining excellent customer service.
- Communicates with management regularly to review service issues and opportunities for improvement to ensure the delivery of high quality service to all internal and external customers.
- Implementing strategies to improve cross-service line patient care.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position. 10%
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare. * Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year. * Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or relevant experience.
- All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate manager.
- Attendance at Management: Monthly Management Training is required. In addition, staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All staff must attend mandatory educational programs.
- Nursing background or degree in a medical or technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates an ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- 2 years previous healthcare management experience, preferably in community home health or home medical equipment. 1 year previous experience conducting performance evaluations, coaching, counseling and disciplinary action.
- 2 years previous experience with planning, organizing, and delegating
Already a member? Sign In