Supplier Sourcing Program Manager
Santa Clara, CA, USA | Oracle
Job Description:67 people have viewed this job
The Supplier Sourcing Manager will lead supplier contracts, cost management ( cost negotiations & reductions ), supplier performance & relationships, supply chain design & mapping for various server platforms.The Supplier Program Manager works with Design Engineering, Operations Product teams, Legal, Internal and External Manufacturing from new product phase, volume production and through product end of life to achieve business objectives. Strong Supply Chain / Logistics and management skills are essentials
- Candidate should have strong business acumen to manage product cost, and supplier relationships.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in similar role.
- Ability to work in an ever changing climate with high accountability and a sense of urgency.
- Effectively deal with ambiguity, learn on the fly, and make concise decisions.
- Prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Proven ability to influence others and drive issues to resolution.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with external manufacturers as well as component suppliers, multi-functional teams and achieve results through influence.
- Strong analytical qualities.
-Excellent communication / presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people from different functions and levels, both internally and externally.
- Proficient detailed understanding of product supply chains and external manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of Sourcing practices and suitable approaches to optimize product supply chain and cost.
- Demonstrated self initiative and ability to drive to closure.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree and 5+ yrs of experience in related field, MBA preferred.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Interfaces with development and supplier stakeholders to provide materials and components for company product supply chain.
Leads cross line of business teams to drive competitive cost, supplier performance and supply chain efficiencies.Create and implement supply chain initiatives & improvements to drive efficiencies and best practices. Provides balanced judgement and demonstrates problem solving skills in extremely complex and ambiguous situations. Creates an environment that allows for exploration and deployment of new ideas. Mentor and provide leadership to other colleagues. Sets an example of agility and adaptability. Builds constructive stakeholder relationships which involve direct interaction and influence with different Oracle lines of business and Oracle suppliers.Acts as the primary interface in the management of the supplier relationships.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.Able to operate in fast pace, ambiguous environment. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.Prefer 8 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.