SVP & System Chief Medical Officer Corporate Office
Wausau, WI, USA | Aspirus
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Operations / Production
Job Description:80 people have viewed this job
For a 4th year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Compassion. Accountability. Collaboration. Foresight. Joy.
These are the Aspirus Core Values; and we are looking for the BEST around to join us as we demonstrate those values Every.Single.Day.
We are currently seeking an SVP – System Chief Medical Officer in Wausau, WI to work at Aspirus Corporate Office in the Care Integration department.The Senior Vice President & System Chief Medical Officer is responsible for the development,
management, and implementation of a system wide strategy and vision to improve the quality and safety of medical care provided across the continuum of care while assisting in those organizational activities that will transform Aspirus into an integrated health care delivery system capable of delivering high value medical care to its patients and communities.
The Senior Vice President & System Chief Medical Officer will also provide leadership and expertise in the areas of population management, disease management, clinical integration, care coordination, overall patient experience and strategic planning/goal setting for the Aspirus System. This position operates in a triad relationship with the SVP & President of Aspirus Medical Group, SVP-Aspirus System Chief Nursing Executive and will report to the President & CEO. This position is responsible for developing credible relationships with the independent and employed physicians as well as advanced practice providers (APPs) by providing medical and clinical leadership
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health planning and management sufficient to manage, direct, and coordinate the operation of a major health care organization normally acquired through completion of a Bachelors’ Degree in Health or Business Administration preferred.Master’s Degree in Health or Business Administration desired.
- Five years’ experience in health management including at least three years in direct clinic management/operations preferred.
- Professional development courses in health care management desired.
- Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the community’s health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to direct its operations and to provide effective patient care.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee development sufficient to ensure organizational productivity.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles sufficient to analyze and interpret results and recommend new or additional practices in financial and accounting matters.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective actions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policymaking bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in making assignments and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to organize, multitask and integrate organization priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise authority over assigned work functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to organize and integrate organization priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports.
- Hours: This position is Full Time; 1.0 FTE or 40 hours per week. Day shift.
- Full benefits packages available for part- and full-time status.
- PTO accrual from day one!
- Generous retirement plan with match available.
- Wellness program for employees and their families.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties.Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 220 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women’s health, and spine and neurological care.
Our Mission: We heal people, promote health and strengthen communities.
Aspirus has a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees, our patients, and our communities. All employees based in the U.S. are required to provide proof of vaccination, unless the employee has an Aspirus-approved reasonable accommodation or as otherwise required by law.
Our Vision: Aspirus is a catalyst for creating healthy, thriving communities, trusted and engaged above all others.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Already a member? Sign In