Fort Bragg, NC, USA | General Dynamics
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Provide senior level administration and engineering support of Windows based network systems.Responsibilities include the evaluation, design, implementation and support of Microsoft Windows based servers and enterprise applications including: Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Clustering, Exchange, and Skype for Business Server.Design, configure, implement and support fiber channel networks.Provide tier 3 systems support.Must be self-motivated and have a capacity to determine the correct course of action on their own, as well as work through issues with minimal help from others.
As the lead/senior systems engineer, performs design of server and application architectures.Performs the administrative operation and maintenance of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes practices and procedures, monitors usage statistics and logs, monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures.Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators.Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline and performance evaluation of assigned employees.Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with MS Exchange and Unified Communications applications (Lync/Skype/Teams)
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Active Directory administration to include Group Policy Management, DNS, DHCP, and Identity & Credential Management.
- Familiarization with Azure Active Directory and experience with extending Microsoft services to support Hybrid Multi-Cloud (On-Prem, Azure, AWS)
- Strong experience with server virtualization (VMWare 6.7x, 7.x, and soon 8.x and Microsoft Hyper-V) andVMWare Cloud Foundation, VMWare Horizon, VMWare Site Recovery Manager, VMWare vSphere engineering in regards to supporting hybrid cloud and systems architecting to provide High Availability and Geographic Redundancy. AVI load balancers, NSX, and vSAN are highly encouraged along with integration with Dell VXRail.
- Experience with management of Storage Area Networking environments (NetApps FAS and AFF arrays, Pure Flashblade, and vSan technologies)
- Experience with Enterprise-Level backup and restoration concepts and products
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Reviews the work of others and is able to detect errors or needed modifications
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities
- Excellent communication and briefing skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Solid worth ethic and the ability to work in a mission critical environment
- Provides technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring to engineers with less experience
- 10+ years of total experience
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Skype for Business 2019
- 4+ years of experience with VMware vSphere, vRealize Suite, VCF
- 2+ years of experience with VMware Workspace ONE
- 2+ years of experience with Cisco networking
- BA/BS (Additional Education, Certifications, Training or Work experience can be substituted for the Degree or Work Experience.)
- DOD 8570 Level III
- MCSE with Server Infrastructure or Private Cloud concentration
- Any Cloud related certifications
- 2 or more cloud related certifications
- ITIL Certification
Already a member? Sign In