Systems Design and Integration Engineer
Cheltenham, United Kingdom | General Electric
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Ready to take your #engineering career to new heights? From the Dassault Future Falcon to the Boeing 777x, from the F35 Joint Strike Fighter to new exciting hybrid electric opportunities the momentum at GE Aviation Systems has never been greater!
As a Systems Design & Integration Engineer in our Systems and Software team, you will be contributing to the development and integration for a large-scale, complex, aircraft power control systems. You will be passionate about the ‘’big system picture’’ and enjoy working across different engineering disciplines, bringing together mechanical, hardware and software teams, as well as considering safety, reliability and production aspects of the product.
Roles and Responsibilities
As part of the System Design and Integration team you will use your knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle to enable engineering teams to deliver all aspects of the system development. You will contribute to the design of the power distribution system architecture, create high-quality requirements aligned to Customer needs, support the definition of the system configuration and implement changes to the functional and interface components in the software, hardware and mechanical design to ensure a seamless integration. We are looking for engineers who have good Customer focus, are committed to continuous improvement and have awareness of lean principles and tools to improve the team’s impact.
We have opportunities across multiple military, Civil and advanced technology projects at various points in the lifecycle to suit your experience and/or career aspirations. We are committed to continuous learning and growth and so you will have plenty of opportunities to grow your career!
- Support the system design, development and integration of the assigned electrical power distribution system.
- Capturing, understanding and documenting the system and/or unit requirements.
- Support in the creation and management of power distribution system requirement baselines to enable development and integration (on New Product Implementation (NPI) projects).
- Collaborate with the Customer directly if required.
- Support trade and or technical studies to optimise the electrical power system architecture.
- Providing support to SD&I leadership in planning activities to ensure that the technical scope is accurately captured.
- Support the change control process, managing change control reports and generating and reporting metrics (on New Product Implementation (NPI) projects).
- Present at technical and program reviews.
- Support product integration at both sub-system or the at the aircraft level, this could be in de-bug of systems test results or hands-on testing in the labs and working with the Customer and engineering teams.
- Supporting the resolution of sub-system or aircraft-level issues by collaborating with the engineering teams, stakeholders and the Customer.
- Working to rigorous safety standards
- Awareness of system design lifecycle within aerospace, automotive or similar embedded software development environment, this could have been gained through a placement / internship, or, from direct work experience.
- Awareness of development of real-time embedded software processes, and subsequent verification.
- Awareness of target hardware and test equipment.
- Ability to execute and solve problems autonomously.
- A degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- You will be working in a team environment, so good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- A passion for engineering and sustainability with a keen interest in industry trends and electrification of aircraft will enable you to contribute to the growth of the business portfolio of next generation of market-leading products!
- Our department actively encourages cross-functional skills therefore an awareness of systems and/or hardware or software design engineering us an advantage.
- Prior experience working in a team setting and/or working with a Customer.
- A general understanding of electrical power distribution systems.
- Awareness of Agile and Kanban techniques.
- Awareness of lean methodologies for problem solving.
- Familiar with ARP4754A, or similar
A positive attitude, initiative, pro-activeness and an enthusiasm and passion for Systems Engineering will help you succeed in the department. If you share our team vision to demonstrate success by achieving and exceeding customer expectations, then apply now!
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible. As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Already a member? Sign In