Systems Development Engineer
Seattle, WA, USA | Lab126
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:103 people have viewed this job
AWS Commerce Platform is seeking a talented Systems Development Engineer to own automating operational and business practices. You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. This will include identifying and resolving issues, as well as automating and improving repetitive processes. You will become intimate with the architecture of our systems and be responsible for diving deep into code, while developing solutions for our customers and services. You’ll drive prioritization of operational issues, and drive automation design & scaling requirements in support of the wider organization.
AWS offerings such as EC2, EBS, S3, ElastiCache, EMR, Aurora, and RedShift are massively scaled services that make up a critical piece of the internet. Commerce Platform processes trillions of events per month from AWS services such as these to provide bill generation, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer usage, and analytics to both AWS customers and internal users. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we work closely with other AWS teams to ensure our customers are provided with a great experience. This role is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team in Seattle, WA working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or 4 years of equivalent experience
· 2+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
· 2+ years of experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security
· 2+ years of experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture
· 2+ years of experience building automated tools in Python, Java and/or Ruby
· 2+ years of experience with agile software development practices
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
· 5+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
· Experience with open-source technologies
· Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
· Experience with maintaining distributed systems and web services
· Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Automation, testing or monitoring framework development
· System engineering experience in the cloud
· Self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (resilient to hazards of “analysis paralysis”)
· Strong sense of ownership and drive
Already a member? Sign In