Systems Engineering Manager
Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Lockheed Martin
Job Description:90 people have viewed this job
Responding to ballistic missile threats presents an unprecedented challenge of speed, precision, and coordination among numerous weapons systems, sensors and warfighters. C2BMC is the integrating element that links the various individual sensor-interceptor-communications elements into one coordinated system protecting against all types of ballistic missile threats. This protection spans across multiple regions in any phase of flight providing the warfighter with a global view of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). C2BMC puts the “S” in BMDS.
As the Largest Defense Contractor in the world, Lockheed Martin is tasked with leading the development of the C2BMC system at primary sites located in Colorado Springs, CO and Huntsville, AL. The C2BMC team is a diverse team of Software, Systems, Cyber, Project, Network and Information Technology Engineers driving towards of a common goal of delivering the world’s most advanced missile defense integration platform to our customers.
The Job…YOUR Job
Provides oversight of a geographically dispersed staff of approximately 70 systems engineers, system safety engineers, Reliability Availability Maintainability (RAM) engineers, Human Factors Engineers (HFE), system architects/designers and site engineers across multiple companies. Skilled team members also include performance requirements analysts, test engineers, and engineering pipeline development/tools integrators.
Coordinates program level processes with program leadership and the customers. Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage staffing assignments across multiple Cross-Functional Product Teams.
• Conduct resource manpower planning and staffing to include interviewing, selecting and onboarding from a pool provided by multiple teammates and subcontractors.
• Mentor the Systems Engineering team to ensure development and growth opportunities.
• As the Engineering Lifecycle and Systems Engineering SME, provides insight and recommendations to program leadership on technical approaches and disciplines.
• Develop, coordinate, and maintain Program-level engineering processes and metrics across all Task Orders for example the program Architecture and Systems Engineering Management Plan (ASEMP).
• Provides technical expertise and inputs for the development of Engineering Estimates, ROMs, and proposals.
**** Secret Security Clearance****
• Demonstrated leadership experience as a functional manager or team lead of at least 20 team members.
• Demonstrated engineering/development experience
• Verifiable planning and management skills
• Experience across all phases of the engineering lifecycle
• Experience developing staffing plans and track staffing requirements
• Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with subordinates, peers, senior management, and customers
• Experience with Agile development and/or Digital Development Environment methodologies
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field with a minimum of 14 years of relevant experience.
Experience using GRID or other staffing planning tools
• Experience forming and growing a high performing team
• Experience shaping a positive culture
• Process improvement mindset with proven experience driving and implementing improvement vision
• Ability to solve complex problems with a can-do attitude
• Experience with Missile Defense programs
• Master’s degree in an engineering or technical field with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience
Already a member? Sign In