Systems Requirements Engineer
San Diego, CA, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:67 people have viewed this job
We're looking for a detail-obsessed Systems Requirements Engineer to help the Data Platform team evolve the scalability and analytical power in support of our reporting and analytic products and help BD in its mission to create connected medication management.
The role is responsible for ensuring that our cloud data platform has a detailed and logical evolution of capabilities that meet the needs and expectations of our internal customers and stakeholders. You will be responsible for representing the voice of the internal customer and the vision of the data platform capabilities and services throughout the development process and represent these to the software engineering teams. This role will also work extensively with business stakeholders to understand upcoming strategic initiatives that will expand or impact the scope of the data platform. You will be expected to proactively work with Development teams to define data model requirements that incorporate these strategic initiatives. You are also responsible for working with key stakeholders from across the company to bring a voice and story to the feature requests, technical features and new capabilities that the team will develop. You will help prioritize feature development for each product release.
- Develop a deep knowledge of our data platform and its connections to become a subject matter expert on our offerings and capabilities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify strategy initiatives that will impact the scope of the data platform, and work with data modelers to define data model requirements
- Understand and enhance our innovation and capability roadmaps by understanding the internal customer and system problems then collaborating with development teams to identify features that enable scale and operational excellence on our data platform.
- Drive data literacy across the organization.
- Mapping existing business and technical processes and data flows.
- Lead discovery sessions and roadmap reviews to drive consensus and awareness of our data platform evolution and benefits.
- Ensure that all solutions have measurable outcomes.
- Provide structured training and guidance to internal teams on how to leverage the data platform capabilities.
- Create, order and manage the backlog of user stories and product defects.
- Manage the requirements engineering process throughout the development life cycle, eliciting, documenting, analyzing, and harmonizing non-functional software requirements.
- 5+ years of product management experience with data management tools and analytical platforms.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering Field or equivalent
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of requirements analysis process and deliverables.
The ideal candidate will bring together a combination of strategic understanding, technology and process improvement experience, solution engineering skills, and the ability to communicate.
In addition, this person would ideally possess:
- Experience with analytical tools and working with data.
- Experience in data platform architecture, data warehouses, visualization tools, analytics delivery, and data catalogs
- Act as a champion for the data platform to internal teams, including support with training on its capabilities and driving product roadmap alignment to leverage these capabilities
- Define and analyze performance metrics for application monitoring.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages.
- Ability to independently facilitate solution discovery, blueprint outcomes and lead multiple improvement efforts keeping a service and customer-oriented mindset
- Experience working in Lean/Agile Development Teams strongly preferred.
- Develop a feature roadmap for the data platform and break down features into user stories, preferably with experience in Aha and Azure DevOps
- Solid understanding of system development life cycle documentation, testing and release cycle protocols including business requirements documentation, test scenarios/data/execution, cutover, and hypercare
- Demonstration of good documentation practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimum supervision.
Collaborative and Communication
- Serve as a continuous connector. Energized by a role that is focused on partnership and facilitation. Operates through the lens of what can we do to simplify and improve.
- Skilled at working with domain experts in the fields of technology, data and analytics and business processes
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges in a clear and concise manner
- Deep analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others all around you
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Already a member? Sign In