New York, NY, USA | Proskauer Rose
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Proskauer is seeking a Tax Accountant, based in the New York office, who will be responsible for a variety of internal tax-related and partnership accounting activities. The Tax Accountant will report to the Tax Supervisor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare work papers for US, state and foreign tax returns including Form 1065; state franchise, partnership, withholding and composite returns; and various international returns.
- Collaborate with the Partner Accounting team on tax related issues such as the calculation of estimated tax for departing partners and tax analysis and reporting for non-active partners.
- Monitor and research the tax implications in domestic and international jurisdictions where remote workers travel to.
- Prepare applications for US and foreign tax residency certificates (Form 6166 and RES1).
- Prepare and process check requests for tax filings and payments to partners.
- Reconcile tax-related general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries as needed.
- Monitor tax department email inbox and respond to questions from partners, other departments and outside vendors.
- Maintain tax database of partner information and records.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA or on the CPA track preferred.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience.
- Prior experience with operating partnership tax compliance highly preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel.
- Financial accounting experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail planning and organization skills.
- Work well independently, effectively and accurately under tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
Already a member? Sign In