Tax Advisory Manager- Cost Seg
Raleigh, NC, USA | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:131 people have viewed this job
As a Tax Manager in our Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory (TCIA) Practice, you will work with an excellent team of CPAs and tax law experts. The group offers unparalleled knowledge and service in the area of tax credits and accounting methods and helps companies identify and realize value-added opportunities.
What does your day look like?
As a leader in this National Specialty Tax Advisory Practice, you will help develop the vision, strategies, and action plans to grow Cherry Bekaert’s TCIA Practice.
You will be responsible for helping to manage internal resources and work on Tangible Asset Incentive Services:
- Articulating the value of a Cost Segregation Analysis:
- Separating the cost components of a building into their proper asset classifications and recovery periods;
- Understand the value of statistical sampling methodologies;
- Work closely with our partner engineering firm;
- Perform energy credit analyses under Section 179D.
- Understand the value of managing a companies fixed assets.
- Correct and accelerate deductions on assets that were capitalized with improper tax lives.
- Reduce exposure to an IRS exam.
- Understand the nuances associated with the tangible property regulations.
Additionally, as part of this role, you will work closely with other members of our TCIA and Tax Advantage Group (“TAG”) as we continue to grow our practice in the following areas:
- Accounting Methods
- Employee Retention Credits
- New Markets Tax Credit Financing
- Qualified Opportunity Zone Benefits
- Energy Credits and Deductions
- State Credits and Incentives
- Historic Tax Credits
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering, technology, or related field. A CPA, MST, MAcc, LLM or JD is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in federal tax compliance or tax consulting services.
- Experience with costing models utilizing excel pivot tables.
- Desire to participate in strategic planning initiatives
- Strong project management and organizational skills
Preference will be given to candidates that also have Experience with accounting methods including uniform capitalization rules; tangible property regulations; capitalization and depreciation; unit of property reviews; cost segregation studies; revenue recognition; and advanced payments and experience preparing or reviewing Form 3115.Candidates located on the West coast will also be considered.
What we offer you:
- Collaborative environment focused on career advancement and professional development
- Supportive “one firm” mentality and a commitment to colleagues’ success
- Big firm resources and bench strength; small firm flexibility and openness to new ideas
- Collaboration across service lines and offices; a firm culture that embraces one another and the community; and an excellent opportunity to help bring along talented new staff, seniors, and managers
- Defined metrics and targets that eliminate ambiguity
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
Already a member? Sign In