Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:67 people have viewed this job
- Provides “partner-like” oversight to complex tax engagements.
- In more complex tax engagements:
- Works with clients and firm partners to determine engagement objectives and assumes a lead role in coordinating resources to meet such objectives.
- Develops engagement budgets, coordinates required resources, bills engagements, and manages performance against stated objectives to ensure that client (deliverables) and firm objectives (engagement economics) are met.
- Provides guidance and experience to ensure that engagement risks are identified and appropriate responses (including specific tax steps) are taken.
- Provides timely on-site review of and feedback on the work of other tax personnel.
- Works with engagement and client personnel to address extremely complex tax and accounting issues, reviews all finished tax deliverables and tax accruals for accuracy and completeness, and ensures that client communications (written and oral) are provided in a timely manner to avoid surprises.
- Provides the engagement partner responsible for the tax work with timely status updates and communicates and involves the partner in the resolution of client service, tax or accounting problems/issues as they arise.
- Works to wrap-up tax engagements in a timely and economic manner.
- Focuses on one or more areas of technical specialization (industry related or subject matter), with a large percentage of client service towards clients covered by this specialization, identifies planning opportunities within such areas of specialization, and provides executive level guidance and consultation relating to such specialization to other engagements and offices throughout the Firm.
- Serves as a formal and informal mentor to managers and senior managers and as a valued colleague (as it relates to people and other office matters) to other directors and partners.
- Contributes to overall office efficiency by providing feedback on staff performance, participating in initiatives for on-going staff development, and developing a teaming culture (through informal social and professional events).
- Identifies opportunities for expanded services to prospective and existing clients (through the development of “trusted advisor” status with clients served).
- Actively manages a network of decision makers and outside relationships with a goal of creating referrals and references as well as of fostering long-term business development opportunities (through involvement in leadership roles with and in professional groups, community service, and personal relationships).
- Performs other essential duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting. Masters is preferred.
- Must be CPA certified and have an active CPA license.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and develop Tax Staff, Seniors, Managers, and Senior Managers.
- Plays a lead role in the development and enhancement of a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within required time constraints and deadlines.
- Broadly recognized as an expert in a particular industry, subject matter, or service(s).
- Identifies and executes opportunities to expand services to both current and prospective clients, with a strong interest in the development of a sales-based culture, which leads to the expansion of Firm business.
- Superior client-serving skills
- Candidates must demonstrate they are eligible to work in the United States.
- Available for Work Sponsorship: No
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public accounting.
- Experience preparing complex federal corporate (C and S), multi-state, individual, and partnership returns.
- Exhibit a basic understanding of estate and trust taxation.
- Experience in the review of tax provision.
- Basic knowledge of financial services products.
- Strong understanding of IRS practice and procedure. Primary contact for IRS audit or other tax authorities.
- Ability to review complex tax planning projects and identification of additional planning opportunities.
- Ability to understand, apply, and be able to help staff understand and apply policies from tax quality control documents.
- Proficiency with personal computers including spreadsheet software programs.Experience with ProSystem fx, CCH, RIA, and/or Engagement Manager is a plus.
- Occasional same day travel for work at clients' offices using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients' offices using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional obligations outside of the typical work day (i.e. breakfast or dinner meetings) to participate in relationship development activities.
Able to work moderate overtime throughout the year with heavier overtime required during certain business cycles.
What you can expect from us:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence and mutual respect
- Collaborative environment focused on career and leadership development
- Extensive training
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- Competitive salary and benefits program
- “Dress for your Day” policy
Already a member? Sign In