Technical Accounting Manager
Ontario, CA, USA | Prime Healthcare
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:85 people have viewed this job
The Technical Accounting Manager will be responsible for performing complex technical accounting assessments, maintaining accounting and financial reporting policies in accordance with GAAP and SEC standards and establishing internal controls over financial reporting. The Technical Accounting Manager acts as resource for accounting and financial reporting related questions from accounting and finance personnel especially for non-routine and unique transactions. Critical to succeeding in this role is to take ownership of responsible areas and applying professional judgment, communicating with different levels of management and ability to train and develop staff. The Technical Accounting Manger has direct reporting responsibilities to the Corporate Director of Accounting and has frequent internal meetings with staff and at times Corporate Finance leadership inclusive of the CFO and other executives.
Performing complex technical accounting assessments and prepare relevant memos
Establish and maintain Prime accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures
Establish and maintain internal controls over financial reporting
Interface with auditors as it relates to key accounting and financial reporting matters
Perform periodic reviews of financial statements to assess compliance with GAAP and company accounting and financial reporting policies.
Prepare Management’s discussion and analysis as well as other SEC type reporting requirements.
Prepare or review financial consolidated and standalone financial statements of for-profit and not-for-profit entities.
Perform ad hoc analyses and other duties as assigned.
1) Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration with an emphasis on Accounting or Finance.
2) Active Certified Public Accountant
3) Minimum of 6 years (at least 6 busy seasons/year ends completed) of public accounting or other relevant work experience with a Big 4 accounting firm.
4) Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and experience with the preparation and review of consolidated financial statements for quarterly (10Qs) and private filing requirements.
5) Proficient with performing technical accounting research and drafting memorandums analyzing the application of technical accounting guidance.
6) Experience managing personnel of any sizes.
7) Proficient in Windows based PC and business software applications, i.e., Microsoft Excel and Word.
8) Ability to identify financial statement risks and implement effective controls over financial reporting.
9) Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with Director and other Finance leadership.
10) Ability to identify financial statement risks and implement effective controls over financial reporting.
11) SEC reporting
12) Experience and knowledge within healthcare, insurance, retail a plus.
13) Experience with Lawson, Organizational Intelligence, Oracle, SAP or other accounting and financial reporting tools.
14) Hands on approach to getting the deliverables completed.
Already a member? Sign In