Technical Business Analyst
Seattle, WA, USA | Keystone Strategy
Consulting - IT
Job Description:103 people have viewed this job
Keystone is a premier strategy and economics consulting firm solving the most complex challenges of competition, strategy, and intellectual property for leading technology firms and global brands. We work at the forefront of influential technology cases changing consumer behavior and regulation laws and impacting society on a global scale. Keystone brings an interdisciplinary approach, leveraging the intersection of economics, technology, and business strategy to deliver transformative ideas.
Business Unit: Keystone Labs - Overview
Keystone Labs is the technology team at the core of productionizing of Keystone’s IP and orchestrating new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of experts and clients.
Labs is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Keystone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
As a member of the Labs team at Keystone, you will work with a group of talented individuals in a highly team-oriented environment to create the next generation of innovative solutions for Keystone and its clients.
Leverage your entrepreneurial background and successful work experience in software, data science and business strategy to help shape Keystone. We are seeking a Technical Business Analyst to utilize their strong technical background and business analysis experience to help internal departments meet their technological objectives.You are an experienced business partner that can build relationships and work with stakeholders to translate conceptual requirements to functional ones in a clear manner to developers and project team.
You will play a pivotal role in all technical decisions. You will also serve as a key decision maker and problem solver, who can consult widely, synthesize information from multiple sources, formulate options and drive complex problems to a solution. In order to be successful, you will leverage your strong technical knowledge and experience.
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of stakeholders or end users
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
- Participates in the selection, testing and validation of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use
- Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications
- Efficiently integrating new systems, programs, and applications with business operations and services
- Develops and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted
- Ensuring end-user proficiency with new systems, programs, and applications across departments
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Good program, project and vendor management skills with the ability to prioritize activities effectively to execute multiple projects in parallel
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by IT leadership
- Sound understanding of computer systems, networks, security, telecommunications, databases and storage systems
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing, and managing resources
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- 5+ years in an IT role (management or administrator)
- 5+ years experience in technical business analysis in a related industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, business administration or related field (graduate degree a plus)
- Report writing and visual data analysis tools such as Power BI, Tableau or Looker
At Keystone we believe diversity matters. At every level of our firm, we seek to advance and promote diversity, foster an inclusive culture, and ensure our colleagues have a deep sense of respect and belonging. If you are interested in growing your career with colleagues from varied backgrounds and cultures, consider Keystone Strategy.