Technical Quality Director
Nashua , NH, USA | BAE Systems
Operations / Production
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
We are looking for an experienced, professional, leader who:
• Would be excited to join a leading top tier global aerospace & defense enterprise
• Has a long standing passion for electronics and software technology innovation
• Is a good fit for a business that is regarded by its customers as a world class innovator across a broad span of technologies in the space, air, land, and sea, and undersea domains in both defense and commercial applications
• Enjoys working with and coaching quality managers and business leaders to continuously improve execution success across portfolios, programs and projects
• Is motivated by staying on the leading edge of innovation and best practices in quality science and Lean Six Sigma and can guide an enterprise on how best to incorporate changes in products and processes as value driving activities
• Is at ease with travel across the US and selected international locations for internal and Supplier quality activities
The role is responsible for improving the effective performance of Sector Quality (defect prevention, and continuous process improvement) technology, applications, process, and people resources across the Electronic Systems Sector.
In this position you will work closely with senior management, other Business Areas, Sector, and BAE Systems counterparts to provide value-added solutions and support toward achieving near term goals, longer term strategic objectives, and compliance to federal, state and local statutes.
Primary duties include:
1. Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to ensure alignment with quality policy, strategic objectives and organizational goals for both internal and supplier items.
2. Collaborate with senior management for planning, execution, and management of process improvements, projects of special interest, and Sector and BAE Systems related initiatives.
3. Manage compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and minimize risk to employees and liability to the Business Area and Sector.
4. Formulate recommended changes to policies and procedures in customer satisfaction, quality assurance, and process improvement.
5. Lead integrated teams to determine strategy and tactical deployment, improve performance, lower costs, and generate innovative solutions within the Sector.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Technical bachelor’s degree plus 15+ years of project, program, portfolio quality leadership and management in commercial, automotive, or aerospace & defense hardware and software technology
• Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt experience
Alrdeady a member? Sign In