Jackson, MS, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Becton, Dickinson Interventional (BDI) is a leading multinational developer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies in the fields of vascular, urology, oncology and surgical specialty products, employing over 65,000 people across 50 countries around the world. Founded more than 100 years ago, BDI pioneered many devices that are cornerstones of modern healthcare.BD - PI is the vascular division within BDI and focusses on interventional products for peripheral arterial disease (PAD), end stage renal disease (ESRD), and Cancer.
We expect the highest levels of quality, integrity, service, and innovation from our employees – on the job and in the communities in which we work and live. In return, we foster an environment where individuals are treated with fairness, respect, and feel valued, acknowledged and rewarded.
Be Your Best at BD-PI – and ultimately, you can have an impact on the lives of people around the world.
To represent BD Peripheral Intervention in a specific geographical area assigned by the company, and take necessary action to attain sales objectives.
- Sells the entire product line to current and new accounts.
- Informs customers of new and current pricing, backorders, and company policies.
- Executes comprehensive in-service of products to all concerned individuals.
- Plans sales calls on a continuous basis, handling sales time effectively.
- Develops detailed knowledge of all products and clinical data.
- Informs District Manager of significant market changes and competitive activity.
- Achieves timely, mutually satisfactory solutions to customer complaints.
- Analyzes customer needs and creates solutions.
- Maintains company automobile and company property.
- Completes and processes BD Peripheral Intervention reports including but not limited to: sales summary reports, expense reports, monthly product tracking reports, account targeting reports, and complaint reports in accordance with established procedures and policies.
Education and/or Experience:
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Management or related area
- Two to three years outside sales experience or equivalency
- Proven human relation and interpersonal skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Additional Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Product knowledge and all features and benefits of BD Peripheral Intervention products
- Surgical procedure knowledge, adequate to illustrate our product benefits
- Basic anatomy
- Medical and surgical terminology
- Thorough understanding of needs/analysis selling
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Understands contract administration
- Must be able to travel frequently.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Already a member? Sign In