Total Rewards Director
Palo Alto, CA, USA | Mercari
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
Mercari is Your Marketplace. We make it super easy to sell (or buy) almost anything. We all have things we don’t use, never used or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives you the power to simply sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for it. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling easier than buying. And with 50M+ downloads in the U.S. and 350k+ new listings every day, we're just getting started.
Mercari is in high growth mode, and you will have the opportunity to build on the foundation we’ve put in place to enhance the overall employee experience through your strategic focus. The Total Rewards Director is a new addition to the People and Culture team reporting to the VP People and Culture.
We are looking for a leader to help design and build a Total Rewards function that will scale with our rapidly growing company and is aligned with our values - Go Bold, Be a Pro, All for One. This role will drive all aspects of compensation and benefits for our fast-growing employee population and lead our total rewards team. You will have the opportunity to make a significant business impact as you bring innovative and systemic solutions to the People & Culture and Mercari teams. The Total Rewards Director will drive the evolution and execution of our progressive compensation and benefits strategies and programs, while ensuring the strong link between total rewards and company and individual success.
What you’ll be doing:
• Partner with the VP People and Culture to move the organization to a best-in-class, Total Rewards function that is viewed as a strategic business partner driving company growth.
• Be an expert on all essential compensation components: market analysis, survey participation, job leveling, benchmarking, pay equality, policies and compliance.
• Lead annual (and some bi-annual) salary administration cycles in conjunction with performance management for all merit, promotion, market adjustment, bonus and equity awards.
• Oversee total rewards communications, training and system administration (in partnership with HRIS systems owners).
• Partner with the Recruiting team to develop and deliver market-competitive compensation packages that enable Mercari to attract top talent while managing internal equity.
• Ensure the total rewards strategy aligns the employee rewards with our values and continues to enable Mercari to attract, reward, and top retain talent.
• Oversee the benefits function, including the management of all employee benefits programs, partners and vendors (negotiate renewals, manage open enrollment, deliver employee communication, execute wellness initiatives, etc.).
• Develop and manage paid time off programs and policies in coordination with managers, HRBPs and Payroll.
• Oversee the administration and execution of the 401k plan in partnership with finance and payroll.
• Partner with P&C Operations to report and make recommendations on process improvements via reporting and data analysis reviews.
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, HR, business, finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience within HR working in a similar capacity.
• Must have strong proven experience within compensation, benefits and HR systems with increasing levels of responsibility; CCP and CEBS certifications are assets.
• Knowledge of employment laws and practices as it relates to total rewards.
• Experience in executive compensation, equity plan design and preparation of compensation committee materials preferred.
• Strong strategic planning, business, and financial acumen.
• Prior experience leading broad scale HR projects (e.g., system implementations, compensation, and benefit cycles, etc.) with strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to complete a broad range of related action items.
• Motivated to pursue new and innovative strategies along with a willingness to experiment with different approaches.
• Expert presentation and analytical skills - GSuite and Excel.
• Ability to engage, educate and influence senior stakeholders on key initiatives and programs.
• Familiarity with the challenges/opportunities associated with tech culture and a hyper competitive business landscape.
• Excellent communication, consulting, interpersonal and collaborative skills and ability to exercise good judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced remote first environment with a widely distributed, remote national workforce.
Small enough to make an impact but established enough to provide the stability you need to be successful, Mercari is the best of both worlds. At Mercari you are encouraged to take risks. And when you do, you can do it confidently, knowing you have a team and a company that supports you.
As we grow, your career opportunities with Mercari grow. As our teams expand, your responsibilities expand. Our teams are supported with access to new tools, technologies, and learning opportunities.We will never stop growing.
• Flexibility: Work remote from anywhere in the US and receive flexible time off
• Wellbeing: Top-notch insurance plans, best-in-class new parent offerings and access to mind and body wellness apps
• Growth: As we grow, your career opportunities grow - we provide access to new tools, technologies and learning opportunities
• Comprehensive and total rewards: We provide a strong financial foundation and rewards that go beyond the paycheck
• Teamwork: We are each other's biggest fans - we celebrate from virtual coffee breaks to recognition programs
Already a member? Sign In